‏ Please Reconsider the Recent Wesker Changes

Feedback on the Recent Wesker Changes

Dear Dead by Daylight Development Team,

I would like to respectfully share some feedback regarding the recent changes to Albert Wesker – The Mastermind.

First, I completely understand that balancing a Killer is a complicated process. I appreciate the work the development team puts into maintaining a fair and enjoyable experience for both Killers and Survivors. My intention with this feedback is not to criticize the developers, but rather to explain how the recent changes have affected Wesker’s gameplay from the perspective of a player who enjoys playing him.

Wesker has always been a very unique Killer because of his speed, mobility, and the amount of skill and precision required to use his power effectively. These characteristics are a major reason why many players enjoy him.

However, after the most recent changes, I feel that his gameplay has become noticeably more difficult, particularly when trying to use certain advanced techniques during chases.

One of the main concerns I would like to highlight is Hug Tech.

I understand that Hug Tech has been a topic of discussion regarding Wesker’s balance. However, after the recent changes, performing it consistently now requires extremely precise positioning and timing. In real matches, this can make the technique feel unnecessarily difficult to perform, even for players who have spent a significant amount of time learning Wesker.

My question is: Could the development team reconsider how difficult Hug Tech has become to perform?

I am not asking for Wesker to become overpowered, nor am I asking for mechanics that would make him unfair to Survivors. I simply hope there can be a balanced solution that preserves some of the skill expression and creativity that made Wesker so enjoyable.

I believe there may be a middle ground where Wesker remains balanced while experienced players can still make use of his advanced mechanics through skill and practice.

The recent changes have also made it feel harder to maintain the fast-paced and mobile playstyle that originally made Wesker so enjoyable. I would really appreciate it if the team could review his current state and consider whether some aspects of his previous gameplay could be restored or adjusted.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider the recent changes to Wesker and take another look at the current difficulty of Hug Tech.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback and for continuing to improve Dead by Daylight. I appreciate the effort that goes into balancing the game, and I hope this feedback can contribute to finding a solution that is enjoyable and fair for both sides.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
A Wesker Player

Comments

  • @MOH707 said:

    Feedback on the Recent Wesker Changes

    Dear Dead by Daylight Development Team,

    I would like to respectfully share some feedback regarding the recent changes to Albert Wesker – The Mastermind.

    First, I completely understand that balancing a Killer is a complicated process. I appreciate the work the development team puts into maintaining a fair and enjoyable experience for both Killers and Survivors. My intention with this feedback is not to criticize the developers, but rather to explain how the recent changes have affected Wesker’s gameplay from the perspective of a player who enjoys playing him.

    Wesker has always been a very unique Killer because of his speed, mobility, and the amount of skill and precision required to use his power effectively. These characteristics are a major reason why many players enjoy him.

    However, after the most recent changes, I feel that his gameplay has become noticeably more difficult, particularly when trying to use certain advanced techniques during chases.

    One of the main concerns I would like to highlight is Hug Tech.

    I understand that Hug Tech has been a topic of discussion regarding Wesker’s balance. However, after the recent changes, performing it consistently now requires extremely precise positioning and timing. In real matches, this can make the technique feel unnecessarily difficult to perform, even for players who have spent a significant amount of time learning Wesker.

    My question is: Could the development team reconsider how difficult Hug Tech has become to perform?

    I am not asking for Wesker to become overpowered, nor am I asking for mechanics that would make him unfair to Survivors. I simply hope there can be a balanced solution that preserves some of the skill expression and creativity that made Wesker so enjoyable.

    I believe there may be a middle ground where Wesker remains balanced while experienced players can still make use of his advanced mechanics through skill and practice.

    The recent changes have also made it feel harder to maintain the fast-paced and mobile playstyle that originally made Wesker so enjoyable. I would really appreciate it if the team could review his current state and consider whether some aspects of his previous gameplay could be restored or adjusted.

    I sincerely hope you will reconsider the recent changes to Wesker and take another look at the current difficulty of Hug Tech.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback and for continuing to improve Dead by Daylight. I appreciate the effort that goes into balancing the game, and I hope this feedback can contribute to finding a solution that is enjoyable and fair for both sides.

    Thank you for your time and consideration.

    Sincerely,
    A Wesker Player

    Even if it's a bit harder to do than before, if they bring back Wesker hug techs as long as the more experienced players can do it the slight difficulty increase makes no difference, the killer has been buffed the same amount. Also, if Wesker's hug tech returned, I think a lot of people would argue it's unfair that his returns while Blight's does not, and I don't think anyone wants to see Blight buffed.

  • They made regular hug tech easier. They made it part of his kit, even. It's much more forgiving. I couldn't do hug tech before because it had to be absolutely frame perfect, and now it's muscle memory. They also coded rebounds and urobending into his kit. Sky Wesker might even be back (but jank and inconsistent and with new invisible walls, which just… no… just bring back OG Sky Wesker, and stop this nonsense with his dash getting stuck on the slightest bit of verticality). A major issue is the removal of dash stepping, which makes insta-hugs borderline impossible to do.