Hatch should be removed
The hatch is an unfair game mechanic objectively. The hatch only promotes self fish behavior on the survivor side and makes the killer's win hard earned less valuable since a magical hole appeared, even when I play survivor, I have had teammates hide all game just to escape via the hatch.
Comments
Sure, I think it'd be good if we remove the hatch as a mechanic and instead make it so survivors get progressively stronger the more survivors are dead to incentivize people to keep trying as more people die. Maybe something like reducing the progress needed for gens by 33% per survivor dead would work.
Agree with the concept, but thirty three percent would only incentivize tunneling. I think that should be the result if you tunnel, and make it like 10% if you don't.
Ehh nah sorry but it needs to be an active detriment to tunneling. 10% is nothing in the grand scheme of things compared to someone dying. And like this would still give the last survivor something of a chance by making it so they can finish gens still even though that tells the killer your exact location for each gen.
I now understand I need to think before I type, but no I meant that it should be instant thirty three percent on all gens if you tunnle, and 10% if you don't tunnle.
Yeah then that's nothing and you just end up with impossible games immediately and everyone gives up instantly. That's a terrible idea.
I don't know the solution. I'm just saying it needs a solution to the hatch because it's making my experience and my teammates' experience worse. I wrote this post because I just came out of five survivor matches in a row where someone hid the whole game and escaped via hatch, not doing gens or anything, plus it annoys me when killers slug for the 4k, I understand it but it's still annoying, and all of this is because of hatch.
Oh I agree the hatch should be changed since it incentivizes a lot of bad stuff but it's really just 10% is so low that all you are doing is making an extreme nerf to survivors and they just have to deal with it. By making it 33% you make it so the killer does not automatically win after they kill someone and still have to try. I get that you want it to be only for 'tunnelers' but there's so many killers and perks that can pretty easily let you find someone specifically after you hook someone. Or you just proxy camp, hook the unhooker, and then go tunnel out whoever was unhooked. Technically speaking you hooked someone else but in reality you just tunneled someone out.
I don't think a hatch escape makes the win less valuable. You've already sacrificed or killed three survivors which by most standards is a win.
Removing hatch so you can secure a juicy a 4k which means nothing and only gives you sweatier opponents is a bit redundant.