Do censored insults get looked at by the team in-game?

When someone insults someone else in the end game chat or tells them to unalive themselves it get's censored by #

Does the team look at these messages then? Do they get automatically reported? I understand that the player sending such a message that gets censored shouldn't automatically get a ban because the system could make a mistake but does anything actually happen when someone tries to insult?

Comments

  • You need to report them yourself if you want action to happen. Still most of the time the words that get censored has nothing really ban worthy anyway as it can sometimes censor words like "hit", "random killer name", "tunnel" etc. So even if it censors most of the time the thing the person wrote had nothing really wrong in it.

  • Not in my experience, no. I’ve reported people for chat harassment many times and not once has BHVR ever taken action against them.

  • I would hope not since the system is so bad that it's censored the word "well" for me.

  • @Craftlori said:

    When someone insults someone else in the end game chat or tells them to unalive themselves it get's censored by #

    Does the team look at these messages then? Do they get automatically reported? I understand that the player sending such a message that gets censored shouldn't automatically get a ban because the system could make a mistake but does anything actually happen when someone tries to insult?

    Probably not, in the end a "ggs" is sometimes an insult according to the system. That being said, I think I never got an awnser to chatreports - could be that you simply don't get one, idk.

  • 20260819182021_1.jpg

    Just got this today. So I took a screenshot to show that Harassment reports do get actions done to them if they are worth the penalty. As I said not all censored words mean they are insults. I only report people for insults that might be considered a crime in some countries.

    Still would be nice to see the at least the date when you reported it but its better than nothing.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    Not in my experience, no. I’ve reported people for chat harassment many times and not once has BHVR ever taken action against them.

    I've heard a lot of people say this, but personally my experience is rather positive. Many times I have reported players for end game chat and received a ban notification within a week

  • Probably very low priority for BHVR.

    Harassment bans exist, you do get timed out of the game temporarily, but from what I have seen it requires a lot of reports on top of the offender constantly repeating it.