How to buff Skull merchant without needing further rework

What would remain the same:

→ drone's single line

→ rotation speed

→ maximum of three scans

What would change:

→ Undetectable is now granted on deploy (this allows sneaky approach)

→ claw trap is received when hacking drones

→ each scan inflicts 10 % hindred for 5s

→ scans decay over time

This would significantly help Skull Merchant to have a chase tool while making random scans momentarily

Comments

  • I have been indulging in SM a bit as of late been winning majority of my matches ect. Here are my thoughts on your suggested changes:

    • I used to love undetectable on deploy, but since undetectable on recall has became a thing is has added a lot more thought to the killer rather than "ooga booga place drone on the way to gen and get free undetectable hit."
    • Claw traps on hacking seems a bit unfun as they just grant insane information on top of the already amazing map information that SM already has. This can also lead to very annoying strategies that punish survivors for using counterplay which is inherently unhealthy.
    • 10% hindered for 5 seconds leads to literally free hits unless the survivor is at an extremely safe loop. Unfun to play against
    • Scans decay over time. Not really understanding what this means? I'm assuming its like Tricksters blade decay, if so I don't have any input on it.

    In case you didn't know, the recent Reddit AMA revealed that SM was getting a rework! Apparently its very interesting and actually keeps the core gameplay of the killer, I can't wait to see it.

  • @Elan said:

    What would remain the same:

    → drone's single line

    → rotation speed

    → maximum of three scans

    What would change:

    → Undetectable is now granted on deploy (this allows sneaky approach)

    → claw trap is received when hacking drones

    → each scan inflicts 10 % hindred for 5s

    → scans decay over time

    This would significantly help Skull Merchant to have a chase tool while making random scans momentarily

    Stealth mode needs to return, there is no way around it. And I think it is slightly better idea if hacking a drone would just give you a lockon stack instead of a clawtrap instantly. And the second scanline should return as well imo