Chase replay
Chase Replay
I think DBD should add some kind of chase replay after the match.
Sometimes I have a chase where I get destroyed and I don’t even know what I did wrong. It would be really useful to be able to replay that chase from my perspective, the Survivor’s perspective, or even from a free camera.
It could help people actually learn from their mistakes instead of just thinking “I played that badly” and moving on. You could see when you got mindgamed, when you should’ve dropped a pallet, when you wasted too much time at a loop, or when the Killer made a good play.
It would also be really useful for learning Killer powers and improving mechanics. If you could slow the replay down, you could actually see exactly what happened.
I don’t think it needs to be a full replay of the entire match either. Just being able to save and watch your recent chases would be enough.
I think this would be a really good feature for both new and experienced players because it would actually help people improve at the game.
Comments
On the current version of the game, the devs have stated in the past that it's impossible to do a replay system as their code didn't allow for it. When asked in the most recent AMA though, they said if they were to add a replay system it would have to be after the coding / graphics overhaul. So maybe some time next year or the year after that we might get a replay system