Killer/survivor progression overhaul
Killer/Survivor Progression Overhaul
I think DBD could really use a better progression system for both killers and survivors.
Right now, once you’ve unlocked all the perks and got your characters to a decent prestige level, there isn’t really much progression left besides getting Bloodpoints and prestiging characters.
I’d like to see progression actually give you something to work towards.
For example, there could be:
- More rewards for prestiging characters
- Exclusive cosmetics or charms for reaching certain milestones
- Challenges for individual killers/survivors
- Rewards for getting better with a specific character
- More meaningful progression after Prestige 100
- Stats that show how much you’ve actually played a character
- Long-term goals that aren’t just “get more Bloodpoints”
I think this would make playing the same killer or survivor for hundreds of hours feel more rewarding.
For example, if I’ve played Trapper for 500 hours, I’d like the game to actually recognise that somehow instead of just showing my prestige level.
It could also give people more reasons to keep playing characters they already enjoy instead of constantly switching just because there’s nothing else to unlock.
I don’t think the progression needs to give players gameplay advantages. I’d rather it be mostly cosmetics, titles, badges, stats and other rewards so it doesn’t become pay-to-win or make newer players feel disadvantaged.
I just think DBD could have a much better long-term progression system.
Comments
I think we already kind of have a decent amount of this. We get charms for hitting certain prestiges, if you want specific character challenges there are plenty in the archives (although I've completed all the survivor ones), and we do have stats for different characters on DBD's stats page, although I really wish they would just integrate that into the game instead of being on a website