When will we get more dedicated servers??? Central NA servers when??
I live in central NA, I have pretty good internet but every game I play my ping is MINIMUM 85 ms. Its getting to where I dont even wanna play survivor anymore because I get hit through all the pallets and windows.
As far as ive been able to tell, the main servers for NA are in virginia, ohio, oregon and california. None of those are very close to central NA. I feel like a Dallas server would be pretty cool
Comments
As someone who plays in Central NA servers I just drop the pallets slightly earlier than you would if the killer is on high ping, other than having to play a bit safer it doesn't affect me too much.
I'm same, sometimes when I'm lucky I get on one of the servers (Virginia maybe?) and get around 65ms, but I'm usually hovering 75-90ms. Honestly this game is so incredibly ping dependent (because the net code sucks) that even 60ms, which would honestly be okay in any other PvP game like Valorant or Overwatch, still feels pretty crappy.
As a survivor main, it's honestly even more noticeable switching over to killer, since most actions prioritize the killer's POV and it really makes you realize how much you're getting robbed on survivor. It's uncountable the amount of times I've gotten frustrated playing killer and swinging at a window or pallet only to not get the hit and I'm thinking "that hit's me 10/10 times if I'm playing survivor."
Adding a central US server would be really nice, but the problem at its core is honestly the terrible net code. Hopefully that's one of the things they're rewriting for the overhaul.