Lights out changes

I appreciate the changes that were made to the mode if viewed from the perspective of a new player or casual player, but I do believe it was a bit over tuned. For experienced players, I believe the changes were too favorable to survivors, and I have some ideas to bring the balance back closer to even and to improve the immersion of the lights out aspect.

bring back scratch marks, but make it behave as if survs have lightweight and ghost notes. This will make the scratch marks disappear super fast and be pretty spread out, but still present to make chase just a tiny bit easier for killers without info or movement

Base kit franklins demise actually feels like it punishes killers more than it punishes survivors. Dropping lanterns makes it much harder to keep up and track survivors, especially as a killer with no movement such as trapper. And it's only a minor inconvenience to survs as there's a high likelihood to get one from a chest, plus you can see the aura of them cross map so going back to retrieve one is no problem. I also believe that having windows of opportunity while holding a lantern is not only a bit too strong, but ruins a bit of the immersion of the lights out mode, as the whole point is info depravation. I believe these issues can be fixed with a rework to how lanterns work as a whole, my idea is as follows:

Use ability button to reveal the aura of pallets and windows (used to be revealed by just holding the lantern, now you must use the lanterns charges and hold the ability button) in a 20 meter radius (was 32). Lanterns are now extinguishable. Losing a health state while holding a lantern will reduce the flame to a small pilot light, reducing the lit up area by half and disabling the aura reading ability of the item. The lantern can be relit fully by crouching then holding the ability button for 6 seconds (similar to how you have to crouch to activate plot twist) lanterns can also be relit by placing them on top of a generator. No changes necessary to how lanterns interact with gens otherwise, I think it's good as is.

I believe these changes will overall raise immersion and level out balance, but please respond and let me know what you like or don't like about the changes. See you in the fog!

Comments