Killer Power Explanation Feedback thread

This is a thread to provide feedback on the new "Killer Power Explanation" feature. The following is an extensive list of critiques and errors I noticed viewing all 44 killer explanations, hopefully I didn't miss any tabs. Errors are prefaced with an exclamation point emoji.

The Huntress

  • I believe including a clip visualizing The Huntress reloading at a locker would be a positive inclusion, as a Huntress player may not know what lockers look like.

The Pig

  • During The "Reverse Bear Trap" video, the activation of the trap is demonstrated, however, due to the sudden change of lighting caused by the generator's completion, I feel players may miss the detail of the Reverse Bear Trap's blinking light. I would like to suggest a close-up shot clearly showing how the trap is now blinking when activated.

The Clown

  • "Afterpiece Tonic" The description describes charging for increased "speed" I think increased "distance" could be more appropriate, especially how the video demonstrates how bottles can be thrown past the target.

The Spirit

  • ❗ The Killer / Survivor hints in the "Passive Phasing" tab are reversed.
  • The "Passive Phasing" video poorly communicates the husk mechanic and Passive Phasing, as the description and the video describe them in different orders. Passive Phasing could be better showcased with a tracking panning shot, stabilizing The Spirit's position to highlight how her Red Stain disappears. The Removal of the Red Stain should also be mentioned in the description to highlight it's significance.

The Legion

  • ❗"Feral Slash" The description uses "their" inappropriately in the second bullet point.
  • The forth bullet point implies The Legion can stack 0.2 m/s 31 times.

The Plague

  • I feel that the Killer tips for "Vile Purge" and "Sickness" could be swapped. I would also like to see the wide berth of things that can be infected mentioned, as it is a unique quality of The Plague.
  • The "Pools of Devotion" tab does not mention what happens when all Pools are Corrupted at once.

The Ghost Face

  1. In the "Marked" video, the way he lunges at Dwight is Hilarious. That is all.
  2. It may be helpful to visualize what being revealed looks like from The Ghost Face's perspective.

The Deathslinger

  • In the "Speargun" description I think the phrase "releasing" could replace the phrase "breaking" as breaking the chain is used for a different mechanic.

The Twins

  • There is no mention of the caveat were Victor can be eventually recalled after latching on to a survivor for long enough, with a 45 second invisible timer, players may fail to notice why and when this option became available.

The Nemesis

  • In the "Mutation Rate" video, the increased range is not demonstrated, instead, The Nemesis stands completely still, failing to draw the viewer's attention anywhere in particular. Close-up shots could be included to highlight the different designs of The Nemesis's developing arm.

The Cenobite

  • ❗In the "Possessed Chain" video, The Cenobite's skirt is clipping into his legs. Please fix.
  • The "Possessed Chain" description also claims the same button summons Possessed Chains and Cancels the Gate. This may be true, but layout of the text is confusing.
  • ❗In "Lament Configuration" the word "hold" is capitalized in the third paragraph.

The Onryō

  1. The Survivor tip in the "Condemned" tab suggests that TVs will have their auras revealed after the Survivor has already been condemned.

The Dredge

  • The "Locker Traverse" description claims The Dredge can manually enter lockers with the same input to exit them.
  • In addition, the "The Gloaming" description implies The Dredge is forced to exit The Gloaming. I don't believe this is accurate, as The Dredge is still able to travel to lockers and his stance remains in "The Gloaming mode."
  • It's never mentioned the risk of locking lockers the dredge is inside. This may be a deliberate nasty surprise. :)

The Knight

  • The "Summon Guard" description does not mention the minimum path length to summon a guard. This is an important feature in The Knight's decision making.
  • It's never mentioned or implied that guards can hear Loud Noise Notifications
  • Claiming the Knight can "destroy" his patrolling guards is quite rude, he's merely dismissing them early.
  • The "Guard Types" description claims the Jailer "Sees Survivors farther" which is true, however again neglects their ability to hear Loud Noise Notifications.
  • The "Guard Hunt" description could be more specific in that Guards start their hunt where ever the Survivor was initially detected.
  • The Survivor tip in the "Standard" section could be more specific what sound cue it's referring too.
    ❗That said, wrong spelling of cue.

The Skull Merchant

  • ❗The Skull Merchant's "Drones" description says that Drones have two scan lines, despite the video only showing one.

The Good Guy

  • Does "Hidey-Ho Mode" remove 50% of it's remaining or total duration during Basic Attacks?
  • It's unclear if Footfalls are always displayed or only in Hidey-Ho Mode.
  • In the "Hidey-Ho Mode" video, The Good Guy is difficult to see. Perhaps intentional.

The Lich

  • The "Mage Hand" video does not demonstrate it's Pallet blocking ability. Also, it demonstrates a very poor usage of Mage Hand that is unlikely to work in practice.
  • The Lich's "Magic Items" explanation of the Hand and Eye of Vecna is unsatisfactory. They feature complicated mechanics survivors need to know when they use them in the heat of the moment. Also, The Lich's explanation doesn't mention the caveat that Dispelling Sphere does not effect the Hand and Eye of Vecna, it is unclear if this is intentional.

The Dark Lord

  • I feel a more professionally drawn version of the Shapeshift control chart should be introduced. I believe it's triangular layout is the most intuitive way to teach his controls.

The Houndmaster

  • I think the Killer tip for The Houndmaster's "Search Command" should encourage Houndmaster players to use Search during chase, as it is a powerful tool and players may neglect it for "Chase Command."

The Krasue

  1. In the video for The Krasue's "Leeched" the survivor actor largely faces towards the camera, hiding the much more apparent component of the Leeched model, this is the part that survivor and killer players will get most familiar with, so it should be shown clearly through the demonstration. A time skip to show it decaying completely would also beneficial.

General Suggestions

  1. In various videos, cuts are used to save time, for the sake of transparency I'd like to suggest a brief transition to clearly telegraph the skipped time.
  2. in addition, various HUD elements are not shown, such as the Nightmare's sleep immunity, The Krasue's Leech build up, or decay, or the Plague's infection.

With that I want to say I'm very pleased with this feature, there are lots of great tips and effective demonstrations here, the videos are often very well choreographed in a way that is entertaining and informative. They do highlight some of the transitional jank in the way Dead by Daylight is animated but he's to hoping the Next-Gen update can clean some of that noise up. I also learned from these videos that Spray Cans reveal the sprayer, not the cured survivor, which is incredibly interesting. I'm certain that this feature will be invaluable for new players, and streamline the learning process for all future killer releases.

I believe some of my points are rather subjective I hope this forum can inspire some changes that I think will make this feature the best that it can be. I especially envy making the videos, that must be such fun. I also enjoy the character and personality of the writing, with the player tips being slightly more casual gives the menus a lot of personality.

Comments