Rework Concept: The Ghost Face
I know, a lot people have probably done this. This is my first post on the forums (I've never felt the need to use them), and probably quite the bold post to create. I posted this concept on Reddit as well and they gave me quite…unhelpful comments. So I thought I'd post it on Forums directly for more players to see. The numbers have been adjusted and some changes have been made in regards to the original concept being a bit much, but now the numbers should make more sense. I already understand some people may end up calling this "dashslop", but Ghostie really suffers the most from a lack of mobility and map presence, so this consists of something to help with that just a little bit. I don't want him to become super broken or powerful, Ghostie is just fine being at least low B tier if not C tier. What matters most is that he needs to be viable in the long run. I also believe I have merit here because I've been playing him since 2021.
Here is a short list of what this concept includes:
1. Add-on to basekit alterations
2. A new dash power component
3. A mini-overclock mode (without the pallets breaking)
Now let's bring out the full details.
- The Ghost Face now has a small Dash called "Sidestep". Sidestep is a 3 meter mini-dash (a normal lunge is 6 meters) that allows The Ghost Face to vault over Pallets. Using Sidestep towards a Window will cause The Ghost Face to vault the Window, and the dash-vault is 10% faster than a normal Killer vault when vaulting a Window. This ability has a 8 second cooldown.
- When The Ghost Face marks a Survivor, gain 5% Haste that persists while chasing the Marked Survivor. When chase with the Marked Survivor ends, or the Marked Survivor is put into the dying state, the Haste lingers for 10 seconds. While a Survivor is marked, Sidestep has a 40% shorter cooldown (-3.2 seconds).
- Drop-Leg Knife Sheath is upgraded to Visceral rarity and reworked. When a Survivor is marked by The Ghost Face, gain 10% more Haste, but the Haste no longer persists and lasts 3 seconds less.
- Outdoor Security Camera is lowered to Very Rare rarity and reworked. The auras of all Survivors within 32 meters are revealed for 5 seconds when a Marked Survivor is put into the dying state. (Yes, this aura reading can be increased with Lethal Pursuer, all add-on aura reading can be)
- Chewed Pen and Lasting Perfume are now basekit and they are reworked. Now downed and hooked Survivors will take 3 seconds to reveal The Ghost Face. Chewed Pen now increases the range of Sidestep by 1 meter. Lasting Perfume now decreases the cooldown of Sidestep by 1.5 seconds.
Cooldown add-on math:
Without add-ons - 8s base, 4.8s after mark
With add-ons - 6.5s base, 3.9s after mark
Again, I understand people may dislike the concept of "recycling" Dash powers, but this is the shortest dash ever and is just supposed to be a small help for Ghostie to give him more of an edge in chases rather than just relying on perks to get things done. Hell, perks barely even help him. I just want to give him something that doesn't change the basic core of his power but also gives him more to his micro gameplay.
Comments
The Ghostface experience is currently sitting at dog-water status so I'm down to see anything positive related to improving the worst killer kit in the game.