The Discrimination in the Rift is absolutely absurd
Survivors in the current Rift that have cosmetics with Deep Rift variants:
Female: 4 (Taurie, Kate, Zarina, Orela)
Male: 0
Survivors in the current Rift that have cosmetics:
Female: 7 (Taurie, Kate, Zarina, Orela, Mikaela, Élodie, Min)
Male: 1 (Adam)
I cannot express enough how utterly disappointed I am with this. How on Earth did you only give 1 single cosmetic to a male survivor, and 7 to female survivors (more, if you count the deep rift variants)?? Who on Earth gave a green light to this? I mostly play male survivors (since I can relate to men more, and find men attractive), so this Rift has massively disappointed me. How could you not have at least added another male survivor to the rift, with deep rift variants?
Comments
The last two original survivors were male (Shane and Tae-Young), and in the last Rift Jeff, Vittorio and David got cosmetics. And Dwight just got 2 new outfits from the banquet…
The last Rift was quite fair, we got deep rift cosmetics for Vittorio, David, Zarina & Meg. Then also for Jeff and Nea. Suprisingly an even distribution. I am not in general seeking an even distribution, since I do understand that female survivors are played way more. However, the current rift ratio is insane. It reminds me of a Halloween event from a few years ago where the ration was 6-1 for the Halloween event rewards, where 6 female survivors got a Halloween shirt, and only 1 man did. I was very disappointed then as well.
BHVR has the power to help incentivize people to play less played characters more. I wish they leaned into that power.
Speaking of the last two original survivors, 1 of them could have been a part of the new rift. Either Shane or Tae-young with a full Egyptian cosmetic set (purple and golden recolors) would have been nice both for variety, and for promotion. If not, then at least Ace, (probably) the most popular male survivor. I wanna see that beautiful golden-white recolor on someone I play a lot. And I do play a lot of different survivors.
Just noticed that interestingly enough, the killer situation in the Rift is basically the opposite:
Deep Rift Females: 1 (Plague)
Deep Rift Males: 1 (Wraith)
BUT
Females: 1 (Plague)
Males: 4 (Wraith, Deathslinger, Trickster, Knight)
With killers it is different though, because you choose whom to play based on their power. With survivors, they function all the same, so you choose who you play based on who you relate to, and/or who you find attractive. I mostly play survivor, so no matter which killers are in the rift, that does not compensate for the lack of male survivors in the (deep) rift.
Regarding the killers though, I kind of do wish that instead of Trickster and Deathslinger skin, we got Huntress and Artist. They could have slayed so hard with the Egyptian theme.