There is no winning at Dead By Daylight

I really love Dbd and I always wanted to be really good at it. I am a killer with over 2,000 Hours in the game. I have spent so much money on killers and skins. I have a job and a girlfriend so I am a busy person. However I can never 4k. It's every single game I run into the same surivors. It is a SWF with gen rush perks and other broken perks. My problem is that I am playing the best killers with the best addons and the best perks, but gens pop less that 20 seconds into the match. People come in and use unfair advantages such as a swf giving them abilites that they obtain from a third party software and cannot get inside normal gameplay. Everyone knows where I am at 24/7, I get flash lighted, sabotaged, or just body blocked the entire game. I downed 3 survivors at once and they just got back up and used dead hard through every hit. Its so aggravating because your getting value from doing nothing. I am getting punished for playing killer. I down a survivor and they just get back up. I Hook somebody and they just get off of the hook. I slug somebody to get the gen and they just get insta healed. People run windows of opportunity with no game sense and just run to 5 loops and drop pallets and there is still 15+ pallets on the map. I constantly get teabagged at exit gates and trash talked in the endgame chat even though they have no skill at the game. 80% of killer perks require you to do something compared to survivors who get value from getting downed, running, healing, doing a gen, or even just dropping a pallet. My biggest issue are perks like windows, vigil, sprint burst, iron will, etc. You do nothing to get these effects. Some games take 20 minutes because I finally get to the last two survivors and they just let one die and the other just hides and waits for hatch. This creates a 50/50 unless they use an offering to put hatch where they want or have a key. Even worse is when I wanna play a killer like Hag. I bought two killer, Hag and Ghostface, because they both had cool cosmetics and I wanted to get good at them. I should have just tried to refund them because these two are the worst killers in the game and have nothing to help counter these broken survivor perks. There are also an insane amount of bugs in the game. I ran a game with corrupt intervention and the game started and my perk was immediately blacked out and did not activate, Deathslinger is still broken I think, and I had a game where a survivor vaulted a blocked window. I just wanted to play the game and get better but I cannot with them level of cheating, bugs, and outdated killers. Tell me to touch grass or whatever; I just wanna vent my frustrations with these game. I love Dead By Daylight and I wanted to be one of the greatest however it is just making me angry and aggravated to the point I play two games and call it for the night.

Comments

  • Who are you comparing yourself to? I guarantee most players are average at this game. Most people have jobs, relationships, sports, social lives, etc, and DBD is just something they squeeze in on their free time. The people who play this game for a living or put every spare minute into it will always be better at it, but they're not the majority and, let's be honest, it's not some massive accomplishment. No one is gonna be standing at their funeral one day talking about how great they were at a video game.

    At 2k hours, you must have a killer you enjoy playing by now surely? I think we all have killers we want to play but just don't enjoy or find them too difficult (for me it's Krasue, i find her too clunky), but on the flipside there must be something you enjoy if you're still sticking around.

  • Are people really expecting that the otherside should just let them win and not even really try?

    Not to mention in the end its a game why you have to take it so seriously that you cause pain for yourself?

  • I've known people who could be counted in the "greatest ever" category and let me tell you, that is not conducive to having a live. They have 90% KRs but with 10k+ hours in the game. They're obsessed with winning, are chronically online, and are in desperate need of therapy. Being the best ever means devoting your life to this silly game. You are much better off just picking a killer you find fun to play and not stressing yourself out over not winning every match.

  • Will this advice break some kind of forum or in game reportable rule? Probably, but don't play to win. 8 hook and let survivors leave. MMR has ruined this games experience and it only gets worse the more you win.

  • @SmokeIsSaulGood said:

    I really love Dbd and I always wanted to be really good at it. I am a killer with over 2,000 Hours in the game. I have spent so much money on killers and skins. I have a job and a girlfriend so I am a busy person. However I can never 4k. It's every single game I run into the same surivors. It is a SWF with gen rush perks and other broken perks. My problem is that I am playing the best killers with the best addons and the best perks, but gens pop less that 20 seconds into the match. People come in and use unfair advantages such as a swf giving them abilites that they obtain from a third party software and cannot get inside normal gameplay. Everyone knows where I am at 24/7, I get flash lighted, sabotaged, or just body blocked the entire game. I downed 3 survivors at once and they just got back up and used dead hard through every hit. Its so aggravating because your getting value from doing nothing. I am getting punished for playing killer. I down a survivor and they just get back up. I Hook somebody and they just get off of the hook. I slug somebody to get the gen and they just get insta healed. People run windows of opportunity with no game sense and just run to 5 loops and drop pallets and there is still 15+ pallets on the map. I constantly get teabagged at exit gates and trash talked in the endgame chat even though they have no skill at the game. 80% of killer perks require you to do something compared to survivors who get value from getting downed, running, healing, doing a gen, or even just dropping a pallet. My biggest issue are perks like windows, vigil, sprint burst, iron will, etc. You do nothing to get these effects. Some games take 20 minutes because I finally get to the last two survivors and they just let one die and the other just hides and waits for hatch. This creates a 50/50 unless they use an offering to put hatch where they want or have a key. Even worse is when I wanna play a killer like Hag. I bought two killer, Hag and Ghostface, because they both had cool cosmetics and I wanted to get good at them. I should have just tried to refund them because these two are the worst killers in the game and have nothing to help counter these broken survivor perks. There are also an insane amount of bugs in the game. I ran a game with corrupt intervention and the game started and my perk was immediately blacked out and did not activate, Deathslinger is still broken I think, and I had a game where a survivor vaulted a blocked window. I just wanted to play the game and get better but I cannot with them level of cheating, bugs, and outdated killers. Tell me to touch grass or whatever; I just wanna vent my frustrations with these game. I love Dead By Daylight and I wanted to be one of the greatest however it is just making me angry and aggravated to the point I play two games and call it for the night.

    Dead By Daylight sucks the whole shaft. The sooner you realize it and uninstall, the sooner your life gets better.

    A STRANGE GAME. THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY.