Survivors should be able to use their items with killer power items

This is mainly for Sadako. Whenever survivor's pick up a killer power item, whether it's a tape, an EMP, some sort of cleanse etc., it makes it impossible for the survivor to actually use the item they brought with them. With some, like a Nemi vaccine or Wesker spray, it doesn't make much of a difference since you can just pick it up when you need it and drop it when you're done. However, with killers like Sadako and Singularity, if you want to play effectively against them, you probably won't be able to use your item half the match.

I can at least understand the other ones, including Singularity, as they have interactions where you need to use m2 to use them and it might be difficult to find a way around that with controller's limited number of buttons. However, why Sadako's tapes? There is literally no interaction unless you're right in front of a tv, and it's just frustrating sometimes. Of course Sadako (and whoever else) would need a buff after this because it effectively nerfs her, but she also needed a buff anyway.

Comments

  • I think they would need to add a separate toggle button to switch between 2 items so that using M2 wouldn't cause one item to interfere with the other (ie. having an EMP and a medkit). But I agree, this doesn't feel good that you just aren't allowed to use your item especially against Singularity/Onryo where you can't freely drop your special item (or can't drop it at all). While I recognize that this technically nerfs those two killers, I don't feel like this should be used as a balance mechanism and at least for Singularity specifically he's more than strong enough anyway that it really doesn't matter