Broken Policy with Connections
So Dead by Daylight has a steep learning curve. I recently ran into a connection problem which I can't seem to isolate. I recheck my steam files, drivers, etc. I have nothing else running/open in the background and I get random, non-specific game crashes. Many times I can finish a full game without any issue, other times it randomly crashes to desktop. While this is annoying, what I have discovered even worse are these connection "penalties". I just did a full re-install of the game, now I log in and I must wait a FULL HOUR to play. Literally I can't even work the problem or see if it's resolved with the fresh install because of someone's petty "penalty". This is a GAME, which I PAID for, now I am blocked from even using what I paid for. I get the whole logic of trying to police rage-quitters, but I think there are bigger issues in this game than that and likewise there should NEVER be a HOUR wait as a penalty for disconnects/crashing. I mean SERIOUSLY?
Personally I would fire the person who thought 1 hour is an appropriate penalty.
Comments
So the re-install didn't work, I followed two more youtube suggestions on the DeadByDaylight_Win64_Shipping {0x0000000000000000} + 75146874 bytes crash error. I am now up to a 5 HOUR and 59 minute PENALTY! Seriously who came up with this crap?!
Now I can't even TRY to play this game for the rest of the day. Can anyone say, REFUND?
Tried a myriad of fixes, now I am up to 24 hours of being banned?! Checked like everything I could, updated/download/installed, restarted, purged cache, reinstalled game….played 1 game fully, 2nd game CRASHED., now24 hour "penalty". A week ago this game worked flawlessly for me, now what changed at the 10th anniversary event?
Fun game-sad "penalties", feels like I am dealing with middle schoolers.
My best quesses what might help is to up your windows paging file size or another is how much harddrive space you have free as many games demand you to have empty space to fill up so if you run out of space while playing it can cause the game to crash because of it. I myself keep about 100gigs empty all the time on the main drive just because of this.
Thanks Wequ, sound logic but I had over 700gb open on the drive.
Did you increase the paging file size as that can help usually fixed my crashing problems in other games?