A witchdoctor killer
I've always loved the trope, curses/debuffs with a witchdoctor aesthetic (voodoo/blood rituals/traps/seances) and in most games I play if they have a character like that ill gravitate towards it. League doesn't have this, the closest is renata, my third and probably favourite dnd character was a bard/wizard multiclass who debuffed the enemy with thrown potions and voodoo spells (just aesthetically, it played the same). I'd really like to see one in dbd, but I'm currently struggling with pinpointing the specifics.
I want a killer that has to fit certain criteria for effects/abilities, much like voodoo/blood magic requiring you to get their blood to use it. Oni has something similar, where he gets a huge power up and instadown for a short period of time, but I wanted to focus more on debuffing the survivors when the killer meets certain conditions.
The first thought was the base power to give them something to do that was relatively effective, but not strong, whilst still fitting the aesthetics and wouldn't require them to be yet another m1 killer who can do nothing and can have power denied to them. So I thought about a relatively small ranged attack that if hit, she can pull back to her and give a small debuff (maybe like a chain that she drags around, and can then use the blood off that in an animation) teamwide. I'm talking 3-5% slowdown until the survivor is healed or downed. Small, but there. Gives her some small power and a ranged attack that I'd be fine with being difficult. However, It would also need a recharge time or a reload station of some sort otherwise its huntress 2.0. A one time attack that if they miss they have to wait for 20s, but also they have a slowdown when missing because theyre pulling a chain back in, giving the survivor time to make space.
Then I started to think about what other conditions they could meet, and what debuffs they could give with those conditions being met. The obvious ones were either a kill, or all 4 unique survivors hooked at least once. I didn't want to focus on kills because that perpetuates tunneling and even buffs it, which isn't my intent. So I'd lean towards if they hook all 4 survivors, all survivors are broken for 45s. Something impactful, but not enough to be unfun to play against or remove agency.
Im struggling to think of other conditions that could be met, and this is just me theorycrafting since I've been in love with the idea for a while and have hit a brick wall. I don't want them to be some op, untouchable killer with a bunch of insane map traversal ect, but I want them to be rewarded for hitting certain criteria which gives them buffs for doing so. They can be a 4.4 m/s killer since they have a ranged attack, and depending on the other parts of the kit that you guys help me come up with there could be other nerfs/ considerations.
I haven't even gotten to her perks, thats a far way off. But what do you guys think about the idea? and any suggestions would be helpful
Comments