Is it possible to remove or restrict “Hide your name”?
Most toxic players use the “Hide Your Name” feature, and in practice it can provide a shield for verbal harassment. I would strongly like to see this feature removed, or at least restricted.
For example, if a player enables “Hide Your Name,” they could be prevented from chatting in the pre-game lobby and post-game chat. Another possible solution would be to add a new mute/block option: when enabled, the player would not receive messages from others, and players attempting to send messages would be notified that the recipient has chat blocking enabled.
I have over 1,300 hours playing as a survivor, and switching to killer for more than 200 hours, I have received a significant amount of harassment from anonymous players.
I hope Dead by Daylight can take steps to address this issue and make the game environment healthier for everyone.
Comments
If they say something report worthy you can still report them it does shield anyone from that. Still what would it matter even if you would see the name. These guys would not care if you write in their profile or try to friend them. Most likely it would be private anyway. Like its not changing the outcome of you letting them get under your skin and then annoyed when you are denied the chance to be toxic back after they leave the lobby. Sounds to me the feature is working as its preventing more toxicity.
Like are you seriously saying that you have the right to harass people because you did not like what they said in a computer game?
My intention behind this suggestion is not to find out other players' IDs so I can retaliate against them. I don't think that would accomplish anything.
From my own experience, the Hide Your Name feature doesn't make toxic players behave any better. Instead, it seems to encourage some people to be even more abusive and toxic because they feel protected by anonymity.