Rejoining after Disconnection Resulting from Network Instability
As a result of my geolocation, I experience instability in my internet fidelity. As a result, when I game I am prone to occasional disconnects as a result of brief internet ‘turbulence’ if you will. Im an avid CSGO player, and in that title this situation doesn’t affect me nearly as much as it does in DBD due to their effective rejoin system. In that game, when I briefly drop out, Im taken to the menu where I can quickly click reconnect and within 30 seconds Im back in the action. In DBD, theres zero chance of rejoining the match so its either forfeit, or my team is stuck with a bot and I consequently get a matchmaking ban as though the disconnect was intentional. That’s what a period of being able to rejoin is meant to establish: whether the disconnect was intentional or not. If it was, it should most certainly be punished. If not, we’re reprimanding players for things well outside of their control, as is my grievance here.
Comments