Why does Rotten Fields still exist in 2026?
Coldwind Farms has had a bumpy road in DBD's history but the worst map to come out of the realm has to be Rotten Fields. Talk about a map where there is nothing notable and just feels like a test map that put into the game by accident because there is NOTHING on it. Compared to the other Coldwind Maps which at least have a main building, Fields only has the Shack, which is one of the only two good loops on the entire map besides the tree pallet loop. This goes for the realm as a whole buts its the worst on Fields but the corn and yellow lighting make it very hard to see, call me crazy but yellow on yellow lighting makes for a terrible sight for the eyes, at least when the realm was at night it was easier to see and the games lighting was darker back then. Way to make the rest of Coldwind look good. Fields is a geniune waste of space and terrible map design.
Comments
Yeah I'm not a fan of it lol, made entirely pointless by all the aura reading now
I miss old farm ngl with the dimmer lighting but I do agree, hopefully it receives the Shelter Woods treatment in a future chapter!
I kind of feel dead sands is like the slightly more deluxe equivalent of this lol I mean it’s a shack in the middle surrounded by, barely anything. It’s not even about pallets or structures but the distinct lack of any features that is almost a waste of a map
Rotten Fields is absolute garbage for survivor. This map and the Walking Dead map just need to be deleted from the game. No maps should be auto-wins for either side.
It was all for the sake of killers.
Fallen Refuge wouldn't be as bad if the main building was treated better. Hell, even coal tower is more exciting and it's literally a two story building with nothing unique about it. I also noticed that they tried implementing that one fence around a rock/pallet but it genuinely serves no purpose outside of aesthetics.