DC Penalty

Can you make the DC penalty start counting down as soon as you DC like it used to be instead of having to hit play again?

If someone is just DCing out of rage or "i don't like X" or whatever, all they have to do is click play again and then walk away. But if someone DCs because of say, an internet outage, or some other technical problem, when they come back, they get punished again for something they had no control over. So it hurts the people you don't want to hurt, while not affecting the people you actually want to be punishing.

Comments

  • If people aren’t frequently DC-ing, they shouldn’t get penalties from occasional internet outages. That’s why you get a freebie for the first one. I don’t support anything that makes DC-ing less punishing because people still do it way too frequently. Honestly, I think the punishment for DC-ing should be harsher.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    If people aren’t frequently DC-ing, they shouldn’t get penalties from occasional internet outages. That’s why you get a freebie for the first one. I don’t support anything that makes DC-ing less punishing because people still do it way too frequently. Honestly, I think the punishment for DC-ing should be harsher.

    Completely agree with this. I think the DC penalty should start at 10 minutes and if you DC more then say, 7-10 times in one day, you should get a week suspension. The amount of games I play with people that just DC is insane. I mean if I play 10 matches at least 4-5 of those matches will have a DC. It just ruins the match for both sides, most of the time. There are some killers that enjoy the DC's because it means an easy win. I hate it tho. I'd rather have a hard fought match then it just be handed to me.