Trapper Rework
My goal with this rework is to give the Trapper a new theme along with a buff. The Trapper's matches are often defined as "setting a web" so I figure, why not lean into that?
The Trapper will be now known as Spider lord, or some bs like that, and his mechanical bear traps would be replaced by something more... organic. He'll have a set number of charges that he can lay at the beginning of the match, that will recharge over the course of the match, making the killer exponentially stronger the longer the trial last.
This new trapper will also recieve a thrall of some sort, probably just a big ass spider, that can be used like the hound. The trapper will have a small circle similar to the First when clicking the activate power button that will extend anywhere on the map. When clicked the spider will burrow into the ground and dig to the spot that the trapper indicated, where it will emerge, leaving behind one of the new traps, costing a charge. I also believe if the spider is near the trapper and the trapper is near a survivor that is "disarming a trap," the spider will automatically attempt to save it's web by attacking the survivor who is disarming.
I honestly do not know how this could reasonably be balanced however, he will become the ultimate camping killer, possibly near levels of old Skull Merchant. I just think it's a fun concept and with the introduction of Jason, Trapper NEEDS to have a personality of his own.
EDIT: After thinking about it for 5 minutes, if the traps look like webs and can no longer be hidden and are merely just blocks for looping I guess it wouldn't be that bad actually.
Comments