Can we do something about the matchmaking penalties?

First I want to say I understand the point of the current matchmaking penalty system, it aggressively punishes disconnects and encourages the player to stick to the trial even when it gets frustrating. That's the beauty of DbD, the back and forth nature of each match.

However, this game isn't Cs:GO, Valorant, Siege, or Rivals. It has a healthy E-sports scene but the game is not made to cater to the competitive side of the player base. The game is made for casual play and, above all else, fun is the main driving force for balancing.

So, if the whole point is to have fun and enjoy my time playing in the game. Why do I have to wait for 2 minutes to die on my first basement hook while the trapper sets his web and my other teamate is hiding in a locker on the other side of the map? That breaches frustration, it's just plainly not fun.

With the introduction of bots, the punishment for the team from a DC has been severely limited, a fantastic feature. So why is the disconnect penalty still so aggressive?

I don't think the penalty should be removed outright, like I outlined in my first paragraph, it's purpose is well used. I just want it to be significantly less agressive. I'm not sure if the game needs to add a ranked mode so that can split the need for the penalty into it's own category. I am not a developer, the solution isn't mine to say. I just am a player who wants this game to be the best it can be and being punished for not having fun will only breed resentment towards the game for the player.

Comments