is DBDOverlaytools bannable?

According to the discord/site they claim:

  • Displays visual overlays on top of the game (separate Electron windows, OS-level)
  • Captures global hotkeys (keyboard/controller) to control the overlays
  • Communicates with a backend server for your account — not with DBD itself

What the app does NOT do:

  • No game memory reading
  • No code/DLL injection
  • No modification of game files
  • No interaction with Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC)


    Just wanted clarification on this because I'd hate to lose all my progress because I wanted my match history displayed.

Comments

  • this depends on what you mean by "

    "Communicates with a backend server for your account — not with DBD itself"

    what server? and what does it communicate exactly?

  • I would not use anything like this as if anti-cheat desides that its on its opinion cheat you are banned. Why risk it for some information display.

  • Their usual stance is "Use at your own risk. Should EAC ban we cannot unban you."