Thank you from the bottom of my heart…
Hey everyone,
I don't use social media anymore, and I wasn't sure where else to share this, so I made an account here in the hope that this message reaches the right people.
I've been playing Dead by Daylight since June 2017, when it first released on PlayStation, and I've been hooked ever since. My dad was a huge gamer and an even bigger horror fan. His favorite franchise was Silent Hill.
I never really played the Silent Hill games myself, but I loved watching him play them. They felt like interactive movies, and spending those hours together became some of my favorite memories. He never played Dead by Daylight either, but he would often sit and watch me play, and that became another thing we shared.
Last year, my dad was diagnosed with cancer. When it became clear that he didn't have much longer to live, he chose to spend his remaining time at home, surrounded by the people who loved him.
He lived long enough to see the release of Silent Hill f. I played through it for him so he could experience the story, and so we could share one last Silent Hill adventure together. It gave us one final bonding moment before he passed away.
Silent Hill f was released on September 25th, and my dad passed away on October 21st, almost a month later.
Since then, I haven't played Dead by Daylight. I've stepped away from a lot of my hobbies because I just haven't been in the right place mentally, for obvious reasons.
But today, something happened. Out of nowhere, I had this overwhelming urge to load up Dead by Daylight again, even if it was just for a single match.
Imagine my shock when I opened the game and saw that Hinako Shimizu, the protagonist of Silent Hill f, had just been added. I had absolutely no idea she was coming to the game. When I saw the notification in my inbox, I got full-body chills.
To everyone at Behaviour Interactive and Konami who helped make this collaboration happen, thank you.
Silent Hill f gave my dad and me one last incredible memory together during the hardest time of our lives, and seeing Hinako appear in one of my favorite games felt like a sign that it was finally time to come back.
I don't think I'll ever take her Legendary cosmetic off. I'll be a Hinako main from now on.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this. If there's one thing I've learned, it's this:
Hug your loved ones whenever you can. Our time together is far too short. 🤍

Comments
I'm so sorry for your loss. That last sentence has stayed with me for 12 years.
I'm really glad your favorite character in the game, and wishes you nothing but the best!
This is so sweet! Thank you for the heartwarming message <3
I'm glad the character allows you to relive positive memories!
We are so very sorry for your loss, we're glad that you've been able to relive some of the memories that you have through the Hinako cosmetic. Thank you for sharing your story.
My condolences to you I also saw she was added and I can't wait to get her.
This was a lovely read <3 I'm sorry for your loss
Hinako is tied to a lot of recent positive memories for me too and I'm so happy to see her here. I really look forward to seeing the other characters get a glow up, as I have a lot of positive memories with them as well. New DBD can't come soon enough <333