Balancing is based on bad players

I have been playing for about a year now, and the balance is questionable, to say the least.

I'm a Ghoul main and have been playing him for as long as I can remember. All the nerfs were unnecessary, IMO. The only thing he noted changed was a slight decrease in enraged vaulting. But because people cried he got nerfed, Krause also had the same treatment being S teir at launch and now B teir. Same with Chucky from what I hear, and it's because bad survivors didn't want to learn counterplay so they get dumpstered. Low teirs right now are unplayable because of pallets and exhaustion perks making shift W chases last a gen usually. I'm a fifty-fifty player as well I have a p100 cage, and will say some killers are bad at the game, however when it's not an A-tier killer I loop the killer constantly for three gens, and with shoulder I have lost two games this month, because of perks. I'm sorry if this is a pain to read or horribly written, I'm just frustrated at the state of the game being so survivor sided, and bad changes being made because bad players from both sides harras the devs enough to make them.

Comments

  • "Im a ghoul main"

    "all the nerfs were unnecessary"

    Yeah bad news all the nerfs were necessary, sorry but you are biased

  • How were they necessary and I admit bias. However besides the first nerfs, the only points people brought up were skill issues, if you have points please list them.

  • the nerfs were necessary what are you talking about. Ghoul still gets bs hits they don’t deserve too hopefully one day bhvr will learn that people can’t get bitten through walls and on different floors.

  • Ghoul has a 65% kill rate in high mmr. Krasue has the highest kill rate in high mmr at 67%. Both of these stats come from after the nerfs. Anyone that was OK with how ridiculous Krasue was at release just doesn't have any idea what they are talking about. Both killers are doing just fine after their necessary nerfs.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/540-stats-first-look-at-stats-in-2026

  • Kill rates don't matter that much to me when survivors DC at my terror radius, and are more causal from my experience. Also the free hit, gives a long time to run away to a loop, and what about legion, plague, and nurse?

  • @Lethal_premium said:

    Kill rates don't matter that much to me when survivors DC at my terror radius, and are more causal from my experience.

    Any match with a DC (abandon is treated differently) are excluded from these stats, so the real kill rate if you included those matches is even higher. Matchmaking places more casual players against players better than them on both sides. Content creators are just more sympathetic towards casual killers while berating casual survivors, creating a warped sense for how good the average player really is.

  • Matchmaking is bad in this game, I have 1000 hours and a 80% win rate on killer and survivor, and I get placed against fifty-hour players.

  • @Lethal_premium said:

    Kill rates don't matter that much to me when survivors DC at my terror radius, and are more causal from my experience. Also the free hit, gives a long time to run away to a loop, and what about legion, plague, and nurse?

    ghoul just like nurse can instantly catch up, and do you know what both nurse have in common? If you outplay either of them any distance you happen to make they can instantly say nope and catch right back up.

    If you deny this is true than i guess you’re just facing a skill issue.

  • Yes you can catch up quickly, but you have fillers to play to go to the next tile, the reason it feels like there's no counterplay is that Shift W is less effective, I play against ghoul and generally, unless it's a compie, I loop them a while around most tiles enough for a gen to pop anyway.

  • @Lethal_premium said:

    Matchmaking is bad in this game, I have 1000 hours and a 80% win rate on killer and survivor, and I get placed against fifty-hour players.

    If you have an 80% winrate on killer literally what is the problem lol

  • Because the wins I get are unrewarding because I win against players that shift W like bots and die in five seconds because they path and loop horribly, and get harassed, egc, and losing feels like I could do nothing better especially on killers like pig. And look at the unrestricted tournament hens I think hosted, didn't most of the high tiers fail to even draw.

  • @Lethal_premium said:

    Kill rates don't matter that much to me when survivors DC at my terror radius, and are more causal from my experience. Also the free hit, gives a long time to run away to a loop, and what about legion, plague, and nurse?

    These are some weird comparsions. Plague has to set up her infection or hit you with a ranged attack in chase, and the injury isn't instant. Even just walking keeps it from progressing. Survivors also have the option to cleanse. There's a whole lot more to Plague than "I saw you from across the map and now I'm on top of you AND you're injured."

    Nurse doesn't get free hits and does take skill to learn, at least. But she's also overdue for changes. Ghoul got his needed changes. But if you think these two are comparable, trying maining Nurse.

    Krasue is still strong. Shes just not busted and unstoppable.

  • I did play nurse for a bit and I think ghoul is harder to learn, and the range on the free hit with ghoul is big, however, from my experience, the five-second animation is long enough to get to a loop. Now, thinking about it I think he needs one rework to one add-on being the centipede but the nerfs did not affect that. Krause is B-tier, and in this meta, I would say that's a loss against good Swfs. Plague projectile is easy to hit and cleansing gives her one of the best powers in the game.

  • @Lethal_premium said:

    Because the wins I get are unrewarding because I win against players that shift W like bots and die in five seconds because they path and loop horribly, and get harassed, egc, and losing feels like I could do nothing better especially on killers like pig. And look at the unrestricted tournament hens I think hosted, didn't most of the high tiers fail to even draw.

    I think you may have a fundamental misunderstanding of how matches in this game go. Tiny differences in skill result in massive changes to how a trial plays out. A tiny bit better pathing on the part of the survivor or a tiny bit worse pathing on the part of the killer can be the difference between the survivor making or not making a resource. Every time that happens chase can be extended or ended. This is all before ensuring you get away from a three gen or teammate on hook, which regularly makes taking distance necessary even if it would be a bad idea against the current killer when playing in a vacuum or 1v1. Just playing a tiny bit better is all it takes for one side to start snowballing.

    If your first chase finds someone less skilled than you and you down them quickly that can also easily snowball the killer into an unbeatable position even when the other three survivors are better than you, especially if you choose to tunnel out that survivor. Chase is setup such that the killer will eventually down the survivor whether its from losing a 50/50, being outplayed, or blood lust and window blocking, eventually the survivor goes down. Ghoul in particular is good at denying access to resources and with his free hit he has to do half the work other killers have to do, every survivor is basically playing as if they had brought no mither into the trial, you only have to win this once. Tunneling and free hits (whether ghoul power or hook trades or something else) are ways the killer can actively negate survivor skill by making it easier to down them without any real effort.

    How about Hens's Best of the Worst showcase where for some reason we restricted killer add-ons in some sets (Trapper with and without strong add-ons is night and day strength levels). The only real restriction on the survivors was no anti-tunnel and all three of the killers did just fine against a coordinated team and even on a map specifically picked to be bad for the killer. The killers didn't win every match but they got plenty of hooks in most matches and a game where the survivors can never win would quickly find itself without players. (I am excluding the Stalkedd ghostface matches, I have never watched him and assume he is a good ghostface but not stalking people when you know you are going into Lery's just seems like intentionally trolling the showcase).

  • How were they necessary and I admit bias

    Thank you for conceding the argument

  • I'm sorry, but I lost all interest after reading:

    "I'm a Ghoul main" and "all his nerfs where unnecessary".