Another day, another Diminishing Returns mechanic still being terribly implemented

I think it's a moral obligation to remind everyone that the current way of diminishing returns being implemented is still bad, and we should yet again voice our dislike for it to not let the Devs be under the false impression that the community suddenly stopped having a problem with it.

With that being said, he's also the simple reminder how it should be done properly:
Diminishing returns should start to diminish exponentially after a certain treshhold, and not being able to succeed a maximum threshold.
For healing that could for example be; Start diminishing at 200% and never exceed 300%

Having a proper implementation for diminishing returns will mean that we will stop randomly stomping builds with smaller buffs that accumulate to a total that's nowhere near a problematic value range. So once again, let's hope that beHaviour settles with the right solution for diminishing returns to that we can truly have maximum build variety for the future health of the game ❤️

(Details on how to implement such a proper diminishing return system are detailed in the post below)
Diminishing Returns & New Perk Keywords — BHVR

image.png

Comments

  • I think a lot of people just quietly realised this system doesn't affect their builds nearly as much as they thought, because it really isn't currently a problem.

    All that's really "needed" is to buff a handful of perks with low numbers, and even then the needle hasn't really moved on how useful those perks actually are right now.

  • @AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

    I think it's a moral obligation to remind everyone that the current way of diminishing returns being implemented is still bad, and we should yet again voice our dislike for it to not let the Devs be under the false impression that the community suddenly stopped having a problem with it.

    With that being said, he's also the simple reminder how it should be done properly:
    Diminishing returns should start to diminish exponentially after a certain treshhold, and not being able to succeed a maximum threshold.
    For healing that could for example be; Start diminishing at 200% and never exceed 300%

    Having a proper implementation for diminishing returns will mean that we will stop randomly stomping builds with smaller buffs that accumulate to a total that's nowhere near a problematic value range. So once again, let's hope that beHaviour settles with the right solution for diminishing returns to that we can truly have maximum build variety for the future health of the game ❤️

    (Details on how to implement such a proper diminishing return system are detailed in the post below)
    Diminishing Returns & New Perk Keywords — BHVR

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N7BEP279XU4S/image.png

    I honestly forgot that it exists. I mean I guess I'm not really stacking builds very much so that might be also a reason why I don't really think about it xD

  • I just wish they'd make killer power work the same way addons do where just adding one perk on top of an effect the power itself does doesn't trigger it. Clown is just awful now due to power being effected by diminishing returns with just one perk that also has haste.

  • Honestly the heal DR has just made me go back to autodidact + empathic connection, great combo.

    Looking forward to future perk buffs/reworks