PSA with Empathic Connection
I can't believe this has to be even said but IF a survivor on your team is running EC, that is NOT an invitation to run over to their area and get knocked down. One of the reasons why I enjoy running this perk is because it provides that useful information to other players of your whereabouts which can help direct them to avoid teammates in a chase.
However, I'm tired of almost getting a gen done just to have another survivor flop down 8 meters away and have the killer be aware of the gen's near completion that will most likely be followed up by Nowhere to Hide, Pain Res, etc.
Be wise with auras please.
Comments
That is not that common as I have run that perk and quite often it does not cause this. It also could be that the person had no other place to run anymore. I have had tons of situations where I am running away from the killer and have to run through or close to gen being fixed its just part of the game. If they are doing that intentionally then yeah it sucks but in the end telling it here in the forum where most people are experienced enough not to do that is little bit a wrong audience anyway.
Still I understand you needed to went.
Oh it happens quite a GOOD amount of times, at least for me and the worst part is that it happens with someone on their FIRST hook.
I run it a fair bit when I play survivor, and while this situation does happen it's thankfully rare. I don't mind it if they're injured and on death hook though, especially if I'm not. I'll take a hit and buy them some time.
It’s extremely common in my games, which is why I’ve completely stopped using perks that reveal my aura or generator auras to other survivors. They usually run straight to me when the killer is chasing them.