Modding tool feedback

Hi! I know the modding tool is in very early development, but thats also the perfect time to give feedback on some of the features I, and likely many other, creators would like to see. When I hear sandbox modding my gut goes to overwatch. Which frankly would be fairly disappointing, apart from a few (somewhat) unique gamemodes and mechanics it really feels pretty limited creatively to only be able to use assets already built in game, and we see that a lot in overwatch with a lot of (almost all of) these gamemodes existing in the same maps and spaces that the normal modes already are played in. It would be really liberating as a creator to be able to have access to custom content. Even if its as simple as putting a custom texture on a cube would massively enable creators. Full modeling support would be amazing and was sorta eluded to in an interview but obviously nothing confirmed especially not yet with maps. Custom content features like this are really exciting for me and my experience modding other games I look forward to turning my skills to dbd, but custom content features like this almost feel like a must for me.

I would love to hear anyone elses thoughts on this as well!

Comments