Event Tech for Killer
During the anniversary event SWF, and survivor in general is pretty insane when used properly. So I figured I would give my fellow killer mains some tips in order to avoid these strategies or improve on existing strategies. Some things for killer I've figured out is:
- Deep Wound is incredibly powerful for two reasons A: if they try to mass heal the team it will only heal the deep wound. B: You can do this super toxic strategy of inflicting deep wound AND poison forcing the survivor to walk in chase eventually guaranteeing the down.
- Table spawns take up generator spawns causing for genuinely insane 3 gens, along with majority of generators spawning on one side of the map. If you thought chess merchant was bad play against Jason on RPD when every generator spawns on east wing.
- Killers I would recommend for the event are ones with insta-downs, deep wound, or even killers like Plague and even some that inflict broken through add-ons. Lastly you can deny survivors being able to use cakes mid chase by playing killers that require you to remove something from their body. (Artist, Jason, Springtrap)
- If you time it properly you can break the pallet when you think the survivor will be hindered from the poison or even during the hindered duration itself. This pretty much halves the distance survivors gain in my experience.
- Make sure to deny table rotations if you see a survivor running towards the tables otherwise they'll full heal the team. (Don't ignore them mid chase otherwise they will full heal the person you're chasing)
- Ranged attacks apparently completely counter invincibility. (Haven't tested it myself I've just heard from others)
Those were a few tips I've discovered whilst playing the event and figured I would try to help my fellow killer mains who didn't know about these. If you guys have any extra tips or suggestions I would recommend putting them in the comments.
Comments
Great post. I found it hilarious seeing every killer doomposting about the event rather than put in an ounce of thought into the counterplay to it.
I would also recommend playing Knight at some point as well. Poison someone and then send a guard on them. It's a 100% guaranteed hit/down. I've playing Knight and he feels amazing. Also, with the insane 3-6 gens you can get in the event he honestly locks down an area so immensely well that survivors can basically do nothing to stop you.