Who greenlit this event?

Like genuinely, who looked at this and said "Go!"? Who said "let's design a new game mode that is just a bullying simulator and call it 'Anniversary Event'"? Who thought "let's make survivors invisible, invincible and also let them trap the killer in areas like the basement on Gideon for a whole minute because they cannot break any pallets haha"? Not to mention the constant insta healing. Literally, just remove that now and the event will be 1000x more enjoyable.

You've really outdone yourself in this one, in the worst way possible. When I saw the leaks i thought "there is no way the developers are this tone deaf and this must be fake/rage bait". I really gave you the benefit of the doubt. And like so many times before i was disappointed again.

I wouldnt even be half as annoyed if the other side got literally anything else than "make survivor slow but not really". Remote hooks/pallet breaks would be so much more balanced in this event. I understand they were OP and i also advocated for them being gone on other platforms the past years. But it doesnt even compare to how unfun it is to deal with survivors disappearing as soon as you get close to them with literally 0 cooldown.

And before anyone comes at me with the "This is an event, it's supposed to be fun, not about winning":

That is the whole issue. It is not fun. Outside of cheesing hits with Knight and the poison it is genuinely just a bullying simulation where you're the victim. It would be infinitely more fun if the killer got literally the same powers. Turn invisible for a bit, get speed, remote break pallets etcetc.

I really hope you overthink your design philosophies in the future because this plus the 3 new perks being absolutely broken is slowly but surely making people quit the game. And after all the tourists that come for the new hot license are gone, there is no one left to play the game in the 3 month release window

Comments

  • And in Swf its even worse. I was playing with friends yesterday and we were able to pull so much absurd stuff that i find impressive how the devs haven't thought people would abuse this.

    At least killer queues got faster LOL

  • Last year's event was maybe a tiny bit killer sided - I'd maintain both sides had cool things.

    This year? Killers get a janky, buggy poison that often just doesn't apply.

    Survivors can do tricks to basically take matches hostage by perma trapping killer in a dead end, become almost unkillable via frequent health state restores and absolutely brutalize gens.

    Add to this the deliberately low rarity on event items (seriously, even if they fixed this TODAY - they won't, it'll be weeks - and people already spent that 10m), low BP rewards and insanely bad cosmetics and I hope that either someone loses their job today or that we just skip the anniversary next year.

    Because this doesn't just feel like a developmental mistake. This feels deliberate and almost spiteful.