Improve Tutorials based on Doja Cat's bad experience

As you might already know, the famous pop star Doja Cat recently tried DBD for the first time on her stream. I watched the VOD and it is quite apparent that the tutorials need improvement. She only did the survivor tutorial, then the killer tutorial, then the tutorial play with survivor bots, and then she got frustrated and quit the game; mostly because she misunderstood a lot about this game. It looks like she may never play the game again. She didn't even make it to playing with online players. I'm sure a lot of other new players have similar experiences and quit soon enough to get a refund from Steam.

I think the DBD developers ought to watch her VOD and think about what she was misunderstanding and use that to improve the tutorials. In particular, during the "play with survivor bots" tutorial, maybe that should offer tips and hints along the way depending on what the player is doing. She didn't even realize that five gens have to be completed until her chat pointed it out to her. I think that if she understood certain concepts better, maybe she would've given DBD more of a chance.

Comments

  • The tutorials have been flawed for years unfortunately. They don't teach you anything about looping for either side.