What made you main your killer main

what was so unique to you about them, did you like the person itself, or discover a love through gameplay

Comments

  • I have every killer and have played every killer, but my ride or die remains Skull Merchant. I've played her in every iteration from her release to present, through thick and thin.

    What originally drew me to her was the idea of playing this mastermind character that conducted the survivors like actors on a stage, all towards a finale they could never escape. With her original "chess merchant" kit, I could see the easy way to play her was to camp gens and time out a match or just whittle down the survivors until they made too many mistakes. And I could see most players gravitated to that play style since it was so easy. Back then I went a different route and focused on chases and end games.

    Leaning into the whole "mastermind power fantasy" I'd take it a step further and begin my matches by placing drones on the obvious three gen, then proceed to intentionally play poorly; whiffing hits, taking chases away from the 3-gen, poorly defending the gens and letting the survivors break it early, often within the first 2-3 minutes. And all of this was working towards the goal of making them over confident and building the stacks for my end game perks. Then, when they were clearly gloating after popping the last gen with all the moonwalking, clicking, bagging, etc, I'd snap the real trap shut and start taking them apart one by one. it was a damn fun time.

    When she got her first rework, it took some adjustment, but since I had already been used to leaning into her stealth and chase i adapted way easier than anyone that played her lazily. I think, despite her bevy of nerfs, I've stuck with her because I've always loved playing her against type and I have an obstinate streak a mile wide. At this point its almost a personal mark of pride to main her despite everything done to her kit and her bad reputation.

  • nemy is my main because he is the entire reason i bought this game. I always overlooked dbd but when that first re chapter came out and i learned i could play as nemy it was an instant purchase.

    I love you nemy.

1 2 ›