Tome Challenges

I miss the tomes so much. They were one of my favorite parts of the game. They were interesting and fun and forced you to play with different killers, styles, and builds than you would normally play with. I learned a lot from doing them. They were one of the things I saw when I first started the game that seemed cool and different and helped me get into playing. When a new one came out, it was something that motivated me to get on and play the game. They were so fun and unique to DBD.

I do not feel this way about the quests at all. I don't mind them and I think it's a good system in general, especially for more casual players, but I have never once been in a game and thought, "Oh, I need to do this for my quest!" They just passively happen in the background. They are not engaging or a challenge. I just wish we still had the original tomes in addition to the new quests. A lot of the people I play with feel this way as well. It makes me sad to see DBD lose the things that make it unique and fun, even if it is just the tome system. I know quests have been around for a while now, but I still think about tome challenges all the time. Please bring them back! :D

Comments

  • in 10 years of playing i have paid zero attention to quests or tomes other than the annoying period where every match had the tome pop up that blocked other buttons i wanted to press.

    if ive done any quests they have been purely accidental lol.

  • i also want more tomes!! i like that the game would encourage us to use perks/characters we might not think to use. it's also fun to have little achievements like that as additional side objectives. cause then there's even more to look forward to than just the possibility of winning the match. you can discover new perk combos, connect with a new character, and overall just play the game in a fresh and unique way. the quests are fine too, but they're definitely a more passive feature that i dont find super interactive. if people dont want to do the tomes they have no obligation to, they can just ignore it. but it's weird to me that they would fully take them away from the people who really want to do them. i really hope they bring them back / make more!!

  • It's a real shame that they stopped the Tome Challenges. When there is no event or modifier they provide interesting challenges to work towards at your own pace, encourage trying new perks/characters and have a "side quest" going during a regular match. Glyphs and the core memory challenges are also nice to have on the go. Like a previous poster said, the Quests are mostly passive and don't really challenge the player.

    With all the mechanics already in the current game, I hope that maybe some of the developers will take it upon themselves to keep this unique part of the game alive. I'm sure the community is more than willing to make suggestions in the same format as current challenges. Just bloodpoints is enough of a reward, even though it is satisfying to get a charm or banner that you like by completing the whole tome.