Anti-Tunnel and Anti-Camp adjustments
I made a document with a bunch of changes I'd love to see and got some feedback from some friends and people on the forums, but posting in this category I want to focus on some simple adjustments to Anti-Tunnel and Anti-Camp.
Current:
- After getting off the hook, a survivor receives 15s of unhook protection, consisting of Endurance and 10% Haste
- The Anti-Camp meter fills when the killer is within 16m of the survivor on a hook. The rate that it fills scales with the amount of time that the killer is near the hook, and the meter does not fill for 7s after a survivor is hooked
Suggested:
- Anti-camp self-unhooks grant an extra 5s of unhook protection, while normal self-unhooks get 5s less unhook protection
- Unhooks after the Exit Gates are powered only grant 10s of unhook protection, and self-unhooks at this time are further reduced to 6s
- Survivors lose collision with the killer for the protection duration (not affected by perks such as BT or OTR)
- When hooked in the basement, the Anti-Camp radius is increased to 20m for that survivor
I think that when someone is given the chance to unhook themselves because of the Anti-Camp meter filling, they are much more likely to get tunneled, and I think this play style should be made more suboptimal. I think especially with basement hooks, it is easy to body block the survivor on the stairs or body block them from resources in order to wait out their unhook protections, which would be fixed by simply losing collision. At the same time, this also fixes survivors who try to abuse the unhook protections to body block the killer.
On the other hand, when the Exit Gates are powered, if you are hooked you most likely are not really being “tunneled.” Oftentimes in these situations, the killer is just trying to guarantee their one kill of the game, or their second or third, and I think that’s fine.
Self-unhooking with something like Deliverance should also carry at least a bit of risk, I also know how frustrating it is when the Exit Gates are powered to have a survivor who purposely gets hooked with Deliverance and then gets a free escape out of it, so I think this makes it less of a free win with a single perk.
I think the buffs to the Anti-Camp are needed in order to actively discourage the play style more, while they also only really affect those that try to abuse / work around the Anti-Tunnel and Anti-Camp meters in the first place.
Comments