Playing as Jason Tip

Don't use ur Hooks as Spikes until everyone is on death hook or ur chasing someone on death hook.

Use ur regular Spikes or the Hook Spikes you get from hooking survivors.

When you take Hook Spikes from ur hooking locations. Ur actaully Sabotaging ur own Hooks so when ur ready to hook the survivor ur now left with having to take them to a much further away Hook or leaving you without a way to Hook the survivor. Which just wastes ur own time

So wait until much later when most survivors are on Death Hook because when you hit them with Hook Spikes ur able to mini Mori them regardless if you pin them or not. Plus it gives you more Spikes later when you really need them.

I hope this helps some people out.

Comments

  • @Skeleton23 said:

    Don't use ur Hooks as Spikes until everyone is on death hook or ur chasing someone on death hook.

    Use ur regular Spikes or the Hook Spikes you get from hooking survivors.

    When you take Hook Spikes from ur hooking locations. Ur actaully Sabotaging ur own Hooks so when ur ready to hook the survivor ur now left with having to take them to a much further away Hook or leaving you without a way to Hook the survivor. Which just wastes ur own time

    So wait until much later when most survivors are on Death Hook because when you hit them with Hook Spikes ur able to mini Mori them regardless if you pin them or not. Plus it gives you more Spikes later when you really need them.

    I hope this helps some people out.

    What about reloading in omni present evil? You can do that on hooks as often as you want. Also they respawn relatively quickly and most survivors run away from the broken hook anyways.

    So while it makes sense, it's also way to save how you play that in my opinion xD

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/468821/playing-as-jason-tip

    What about reloading in omni present evil? You can do that on hooks as often as you want. Also they respawn relatively quickly and most survivors run away from the broken hook anyways.

    So while it makes sense, it's also way to save how you play that in my opinion xD

    It's fine when ur outside chase. But dearing chase you want to avoid taking from ur Hooking spots. The hooks take just as long to respawn as ur regular spikes do.

    This was something that hurt me when I was playing as him and wanted to point it out

  • @Skeleton23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4090360#Comment_4090360

    It's fine when ur outside chase. But dearing chase you want to avoid taking from ur Hooking spots. The hooks take just as long to respawn as ur regular spikes do.

    This was something that hurt me when I was playing as him and wanted to point it out

    Even inside chase it will help you. You lose distance anyways if you waste your spike and to reload you have to go out of your way to reload anyways. So most of time you can also just go into omni present and follow the survivor again while reloading. Because of the distance survivors get through your hit this works even better if you got the first hit.

    Also as far as I know you can also use the hook to reload, down, go into omni present evil and teleport to the palette again - this should also respawn the hook instantly and it doesn't really waste that much time compared to the way you have to take in chase (and maybe let the survivor run away) to reload.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4090367#Comment_4090367

    Even inside chase it will help you. You lose distance anyways if you waste your spike and to reload you have to go out of your way to reload anyways. So most of time you can also just go into omni present and follow the survivor again while reloading. Because of the distance survivors get through your hit this works even better if you got the first hit.

    Also as far as I know you can also use the hook to reload, down, go into omni present evil and teleport to the palette again - this should also respawn the hook instantly and it doesn't really waste that much time compared to the way you have to take in chase (and maybe let the survivor run away) to reload.

    I actually didnt know they immediately respawned when you went into his power. My bad on that. I just Assumed they didnt stay when grabbing them in chase.

  • @Skeleton23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4090369#Comment_4090369

    I actually didnt know they immediately respawned when you went into his power. My bad on that. I just Assumed they didnt stay when grabbing them in chase.

    As far as I know they only respawn if you reloaded with them. Normally broken hooks stay broken even then. It's a very nice trick with him :D

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4090374#Comment_4090374

    As far as I know they only respawn if you reloaded with them. Normally broken hooks stay broken even then. It's a very nice trick with him :D

    Afaik, broken hooks repair themselves after 30 seconds or so. It’s just that you typically won’t notice, cause you’ll be long gone by then.

  • If you have problem of getting survivor to a hook because you took the spike out of it. Just go into your power and come out rightaway as the hook respawns when you go into your power. Its still faster than walk to another hook that is further away.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4090376#Comment_4090376

    Afaik, broken hooks repair themselves after 30 seconds or so. It’s just that you typically won’t notice, cause you’ll be long gone by then.

    You mean normal broken hooks? Yes I know, I just meant that they won't respawn instantly because of jasons power then. The ones that you used to reload do that, that's why I said it like this :D

    The dbd-fandom says 60 seconds till they respawn, but I don't know if it's true xD