Animation Quality Decline
Jason's animations aren't "bad" necessarily, but man you can just see the quality has gone down. If you compare it to a killer like Springtrap it's night and day. His walk, power, everything.
The killer animations have been great for a long time, so I'm really not sure what happened with Jason.
Comments
His animations are bad. Flatly. The kick on gen and pallet has all the fluidity and ergonomics of a claymation animation from a 90's kids show. The Mori are cool in concept, but clearly got animated from the concept using an etch-a-sketch as a photoshop stand-in. He feels stiff and ungainly, and the fluidity he does present in motion comes off as uncanny valley. He moves as if he is intent to take on motion without the pre-supposition of how a human being moves and not in that cool creepy way.
His animations have the complexity of a Tamagotchi, his Mori's reflect thought was put into this but not executed, and the bizarre choice to try including out-of-nowhere intestines no-clipping out of the survivors in the mori's feels painfully jarring.
That being said, the animations are tanking out, yeah.
yeah maybe I was sugarcoating it a little… I agree
They're better than the PTB and I haven't been put off by his animations like I was during the PTB, but yes, the animations aren't on the same level as Springtrap or Unknown. Given that we have Art coming in the next 5 months, I surely hope that for a mute character that is ALL about the way his body moves and the faces he makes, they have some elite animators on board to make him flawless.
Jason being stiff is fine, it's Jason.
Art the Clown being stiff? Criminal offense punishable by insert your favorite kill from the Terrifier series here
Honestly maybe it's because of the visual update on the way, maybe the quality is low coz the other team is doing the actual animations etc for the update.
That's just what I'm getting from it all.
Outside of the update the biggest offender for bad animation is the Spirit's legendary the snake one she got from the spiritual rift, it's awful, that's the sort of animations survivors have been dealing with since 5 years ago.