Any clue why this update was so big?

They barely added anything and its 5 gigs. Warframe had an update today with a new frame (frames?), new weapons, and new quest...the works, and its not as big of a download. Am I missing something?

Comments

  • game file size updates between different games arent really good comparisons as they arent 1-1

  • It also was most likely adding all the stuff for the anniversary event.

  • @HexSlugged said:

    game file size updates between different games arent really good comparisons as they arent 1-1

    I highly doubt Jason's model takes 5 gigs though... Im seeing a crap ton of content from warframe, some of which I even forgot was coming today and its somehow less filesize than 1 Dbd character? There HAS to be a ton of stuff added that just isn't showing up or something.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4089052#Comment_4089052

    I highly doubt Jason's model takes 5 gigs though... Im seeing a crap ton of content from warframe, some of which I even forgot was coming today and its somehow less filesize than 1 Dbd character? There HAS to be a ton of stuff added that just isn't showing up or something.

    Well with updating things depends on the files they change and if the files in question are big it usually means you download that file again fully and it replaces the old one. So sometimes very small changes can have large patches as it effects the largest file in the game files.

  • Given Grim Pantry broke and projectiles could phase through shack, I'm of the opinion the devs have no idea what will break what, so even small updates is a bag of hopeful fixes to code.

  • All the content for anniversary was added to the game, including all assets, skins, new survivor.

  • Engine updates, maybe?

  • Some games add updates a while ahead of time just to make bigger updates easier, or to put assets from big updates in chunks. It was way bigger than usual which is odd.