Skull Merchant Rework Idea

I've had plenty of games both as and against Skull Merchant since I've returned to the game and after hearing my friends moan about it I decided to put my mind to figuring out how I think a rework should be done, mostly cause my friend believes she cant be reworked properly and should just be removed. And before a ton of comments mention it yes I know she's had a ton of reworks already and hasn't landed but I honestly think she's cool, and hot, and that there should be something successful if given thought. Anyway onto my idea.

So the issue with Skull Merchant is that her drones are wide area that allow whole sections of the map to be shut down due to ability, some might think to turn that into a camera cctv type of deal but we have Singularity for that. I am thinking that instead we make it more like a trap but still distinguished from what trapper is, have it be a placeable object, vertical or horizontal surface for placement so walls and ceilings not just floors, that relies on a motion sensor. I have two ideas how the motion sensor could work, either it has the radar deal and its a red light green light situation where you stop when it crosses you or it is reliant on a certain degree of motion aka sprinting. The area of it would also be much smaller than normal maybe like a 3m radius.

While I could stop at that but I think in the case of how it would work at this point the effect of being detected should be changed. So whenever a survivor is detected by the drones the drone latches onto them and does a visual notification. While the drone is attached a player can spend time to interact with it and remove the drone with skill checks here and there involved however failing skill checks while trying to remove the drone does a visual notification. Now for the effects of it, while in the terror radius of SM the killer can read the aura of the survivor with the drone attached slowing themself while doing so. Finally while in chase the drone detects SM and sends a signal to the radar device, SM can hold out the device and start activating the power. If the Survivor fails to break chase while this is engaged and SM activates the drone it detonates depleting a health state or applying a decent hindered debuff + broken if already injured.

Tagged: Killers

Comments