Buff the pig

It has been since August of 2025 since the pig has been buffed, and with all the new perks and gen rushing builds the pig is really bad at keeping pressure like she used to be able to apply on release. The odds of getting a reverse bear trap off is so common I barley have them on a survivor longer than 40 seconds. The pig is a really fun killer and has so much potential to be a good balanced killer with the right changes to her ambush and traps but at the moment she cant keep up with the current meta builds for survivors.

Comments

  • They dont care about killers so I wouldnt get my hopes too high. Skull Merchant for example was intentionally trashed in 2024 and has not been touched since.

  • What you are saying is not too accurate really.

    Pig has built-in slowdown, which are the bear traps.
    You are basically playing 3v1 when someone has trap on, especially if it's active.

    On top of that her ambush addons do really great job at looping scenarios.

    Pig is in a good spot right now. Make sure to have 1 or 2 chase perks and she really is capable of great things.

    Pressure is not free and that's healthy for the game.
    Gen rushing builds are not present in every match either. If they are tho, it's rarely more than 1 person and on top of that the person is vulnerable in case of tunneling and chasing.

  • @vol4r said:

    What you are saying is not too accurate really.

    Pig has built-in slowdown, which are the bear traps.
    You are basically playing 3v1 when someone has trap on, especially if it's active.

    On top of that her ambush addons do really great job at looping scenarios.

    Pig is in a good spot right now. Make sure to have 1 or 2 chase perks and she really is capable of great things.

    Pressure is not free and that's healthy for the game.
    Gen rushing builds are not present in every match either. If they are tho, it's rarely more than 1 person and on top of that the person is vulnerable in case of tunneling and chasing.

    What perks and add-ons should I use on pig then? Any chase perks i use dont get a whole ton of value especially when someone uses a gen rushing build. I've experimented with perks and builds but nothing seems to work longer than 2 games

  • @PIGMaN14 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4087804#Comment_4087804

    What perks and add-ons should I use on pig then? Any chase perks i use dont get a whole ton of value especially when someone uses a gen rushing build. I've experimented with perks and builds but nothing seems to work longer than 2 games

    Babmboozle can shutdown problematic loops quickly.

    Also, release pig was atrocious via RNG. Her guaranteed 12 searches is much better than the random number of searches based on box key spawns. (seriously, she's better than release regarding average RBT pressure)

    Be sure to leverage her crouch for stealth where possible: an early hit through that makes chases that much easier.

    Plaything can make getting hooks snowball into more movespeed for patrolling (oblivious survivors) and more secondary objectives for survivors.

    Don't be afraid to change targets or forgo chases if the survivor goes into a heavy pallet/strong loop area.

    Also, the more you shoot for 4K's, the stronger the survivors will become: curated via the method you choose: go for 4K's via tunneling off-the-bat = stronger on average survivors. go for 4K's via spreading hooks = stronger situational survivors (necessitating an understanding of dropping chase).

  • @PIGMaN14 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4087804#Comment_4087804

    What perks and add-ons should I use on pig then? Any chase perks i use dont get a whole ton of value especially when someone uses a gen rushing build. I've experimented with perks and builds but nothing seems to work longer than 2 games

    Well, what I run is:

    1. Pain Resonance
    2. Turn back the clock
    3. Bamboozle or brutal
    4. Corrupt/Lethal/Surge - this depends if I feel like I might need additional regression

    I go for no kicking the gens - every gen regression I use come from kicking

    You can also use

    1. Pop goes the weasle
    2. Pain Res
    3. Bamboozle
    4. Eruption/Corrupt

    That's also a strong build. I have good winrate with those. For both builds use green ambush addons - I dont remember the names.

    You can also make a scream build - sometimes you get some trap kills with it.

    1. Face the darkness
    2. Thwack
    3. Ultimate Weapon
    4. Infectious fright

    One addon for longer box searching, one for 20 sec reduced times when a gen pops.
    PS. sometimes this build just doesn't work entirely - I take it as a fun build that doesn't really guarantee me a win.

    Remember to stealth with crouch - break LOS from the gen you are going to. This guarantees free hits sometimes, even grabs.

    Leaving a survivivor in a strong setup might be crucial sometimes.

    Don't chase/tunnel people with traps.

    Remember not to be afraid to use her ambush - it got buffed a while ago. Especially with the ambush addons!