They have to stop splitting queues

I'm just in the normal queue because I don't like most of the maps they've had in the showcase rotation and the MMR mismatch in these lobbies is unreal. I know that MMR is pretty loosey goosey in DBD in any case, but when the player base is halved or divided up even more unevenly it gets even worse. As Killer I'm waiting a few seconds for a game where I average 5 hooks maybe and that's if I'm playing super tryhard on stronger Killers: I've had multiple games with fewer than 3 hooks. As Survivor I'm waiting more than twice as long (even though there's no difference in BP modifier for either side), but getting matched with more experienced Survivors than I am with meta builds against actual baby Killers (most recently a P0 Wraith with Iron Grasp and Insidious). That guy's probably going to quit because they think all their matches are going to be as horrible as that one was, just because they don't realise that the split queue has made everything go crazy. If they are going to do this kind of thing it's got to be for much shorter time periods than previously, otherwise it's going to ruin a lot of people's experiences.

Comments

  • It will stay split queue until after the anniversary or during the anniversary as it is meant to keep you occupied while you wait for the anniversary and whatnot

  • I only play 1v4 and don't bother with all the other game modes and events. Though I always assumed the show casing was geared towards newer players unfamiliar with map and tile layouts.

  • just bring back 2v8

  • @Rogue11 said:

    just bring back 2v8

    Just make 2v8 permanent.

  • Split ques are the new norm we have to get used to that why I suspect devs adding features such as play as you wait.

    Anniversary event
    shuffle / Lights out event soon after probs
    then probs another 2v8

    The thing that ruins MMR of lobbies way more is lobby dodging imo.

  • 2v8 makes 1v4 dramatically worse in various ways, needs to stop being run permanently

    make it a separate game if theres that much appetite for it