Is Taurie actually selfless?
A common characterization of Taurie I see is that she's secretly a good person raised in a cult which maybe but I wanna put forward a different possibility. That Taurie is still 100% team entity and her seemingly selfless acts are actually completely self serving. People cite her perks as e vidence of her actually being a selfless nice person helping her fellow survivors but looking at everything we know about Taurie that doesn't actually track to me.
Her voice lines in the lobby are all about how her being a survivor is a mistake or possibly a test that she still wants to loyally serve the entity. So you're a cultist worshipping an evil spider god that feeds off emotion that tortures people in it's own personal pocket dimension that gets picked to be tortured, how do you react? In Taurie's case I think she thinks she's being punished and needs to be redeemed so how does she do that? Self-Flagellation. If the entity wants suffering Taurie will give that to it, she'll suffer more than anyone else and if she suffers enough she'll be rewarded for it. Force herself to be broken, take people's hook states so the entity takes her instead of them. Let the entity feed on her and make it happy and maybe one day it'll actually let her switch sides.
Anyway that's just a theory I have because I think people underestimate how twisted Taurie's mind actually is. Taurie does have positive qualities and it's not entirely her fault for how she turned out but I don't think she's actually rushing to help other survivors for the reasons some people think.
Comments
I don't know how anyone could reach the conclusion that Taurie is actually secretly selfless. Her Perks are themed around self-sacrifice, yes, but that's just because of the cultist thing. (Or as you put it, the Self-Flagellation theme.)
She is still very loyal to the Entity and is clinging to the faint hope that this is all just a test.
Taurie quotes give me chills , what if everything they teach her to believe in is not the actual truth ? perhaps beign there started a change on her , i just hope she is not cannonical the first "sabotage the others " survivor that would be sad xD
I don't think Taurie cares to sabotage the other survivors, she probably wants the trials to go as normal cuz that's what the entity wants. She just probably doesn't care much for the other survivors (okay tbf she probably doesn't like Haddie, Felix or Elodie much) and is pretty ambivalent towards them, she just wants to be on the opposite side of the trials.