Jason Universe
I am interested in doing some research for Jason, so I would like to know which films are part of Jason Universe.
I am interested in doing some research for Jason, so I would like to know which films are part of Jason Universe.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Every movie, they are the managing directors of it all
edit: i was wrong
This is straight up not true, new line owns the newer movies
Looking back on what i read for the answer your right, sorry about that
Movies 1-8 are part of Jason Universe as those are the movies they own the rights to.
To my knowledge:
Victor Miller owns the first film screenplay. From Pamela, Young Jason, etc.
Sean Cunningham and Horror Inc owns the rights to Part 2-8 Jason including the mask.
9, X and FvJ are owned by Warner Bros and New Line Cinema and hold the Friday the 13th Name.
The Jason Universe owns the first 8 films to try and merchandise and get Jason back into mainstream popularity. Jason Universe used the Video Game exclusives like RETRO and Savini for merch.