The 10 Anniversary So Far Seems Very Lackluster

I’m sorry to say this but I’m not really impressed with what we’re getting this year. I mean I thought this going to be exciting and thrilling. Since it’s not only Jason coming to the game. But the big 10 which is a huge milestone for any multi player game.

I hate to go off a little off topic. But I thought that they would improve after the last few years. But lately the events have gotten more boring and way more grinding than past events. Cause to me the old events were easier to grin and were more fun.Since you got to interact with stuff more.

I wish they didn’t change the appearance of the snowmen. They use to be so cute and now they’re generic scary looking. I mean I get why to fit with the horror theme of the game. But to me and others it was more funnier and more interesting that way.

I hope that here soon that the next event will be better. But to be honest it doesn’t look very promising at all. So if something exciting happens then maybe I will check it out. But this time I’m not so sure. Cause again I barely interact with events or the game anymore. Only again it’s gotten more boring and repetitive. But again here’s hoping for something new.

Edit: I know licenses and maps do take a long time to develop. And I know that we will get a new survivor and maybe a new map down the road. But I can’t help but wish they came with Jason. While I understand some license requirements can be difficult. Especially in Jason’s case and while I’m also super thankful he’s coming at all. But I can’t help feel that he came with more.

And I also know that we haven’t gotten much information about the new event. The reason I think it will be a letdown is because I have a feeling it will be the same repetitive types event. Judging by some pictures I seen. But I also hope the event isn’t boring. And that they make it where getting rewards are easier to gain. While also that the payoff isn’t a struggle for everyone.

Comments

  • they have stated multiple times that there is alot more than just jason.

  • The event doesn't even started for over 3 more weeks

  • We haven't seen the payoff to the in engine cabin screenshot that Jason was revealed with or Mcote teasing a map, the new survivor hasn't been shown off aside from perks, the event doesn't start for another few weeks.

    This month is the anniversary, last month was the warmup.

  • Maybe I just had higher expectations for 10th anniversary but I agree it's felt very lackluster so far. I don't know about the event but the teasers have felt more dragged out than anything, especially the choice to do a 13 hour stare at cabin stream. I'm happy Jason is finally added but no map is a bummer. I think I was just expecting BHVR to do more with a license they've wanted for a decade. Teasing the survivor after the PTB with their perks just feels like filler until the patch drops, especially since we don't get the survivor until the end of the month. Personally I prefer seeing bits of the survivor and guessing what their perks will be based on their lore, getting the lore after the perks isn't as exciting.

    As for the event can't really say much yet, all we have is the name. I can say what I'm hoping for. I hope they came up with something both sides can enjoy and have fun playing. I hope they revert the decision from last year to have less event nodes in bloodwebs, especially when it comes to event offerings for survivor. I hope they make it so all survivors in the match earn event BP from finished gens like in the old Lunar New Year event, that way if a survivor gets chased off at 95% and another survivor finishes it the chased off survivor doesn't miss out. I hope they have more ways to earn event currency to unlock rewards, not just limit it to challenges. They could have it tied to emblems - bronze 1, gold 2, silver 3, iri 4 so max per match would be 16. It would be nice to not feel forced to complete challenges and have more options for event currency. I think if there's a challenge you're having trouble with it can make the event feel more grindy and frustrating than fun.

  • @bm33 said:

    Maybe I just had higher expectations for 10th anniversary but I agree it's felt very lackluster so far. I don't know about the event but the teasers have felt more dragged out than anything, especially the choice to do a 13 hour stare at cabin stream. I'm happy Jason is finally added but no map is a bummer. I think I was just expecting BHVR to do more with a license they've wanted for a decade. Teasing the survivor after the PTB with their perks just feels like filler until the patch drops, especially since we don't get the survivor until the end of the month. Personally I prefer seeing bits of the survivor and guessing what their perks will be based on their lore, getting the lore after the perks isn't as exciting.

    As for the event can't really say much yet, all we have is the name. I can say what I'm hoping for. I hope they came up with something both sides can enjoy and have fun playing. I hope they revert the decision from last year to have less event nodes in bloodwebs, especially when it comes to event offerings for survivor. I hope they make it so all survivors in the match earn event BP from finished gens like in the old Lunar New Year event, that way if a survivor gets chased off at 95% and another survivor finishes it the chased off survivor doesn't miss out. I hope they have more ways to earn event currency to unlock rewards, not just limit it to challenges. They could have it tied to emblems - bronze 1, gold 2, silver 3, iri 4 so max per match would be 16. It would be nice to not feel forced to complete challenges and have more options for event currency. I think if there's a challenge you're having trouble with it can make the event feel more grindy and frustrating than fun.

    I totally agree, cause yeah I’m thankful that Jason did arrive. And I also wish he did get a generic camp map. I mean also understand that the license is still messy. But anyway yeah I wish they kept the new surivor a secret. Cause I will also agree making theories and guessing on just what they will would like. But also how their perks will also work out in the game. Is definitely more fun that way even if the waiting sucks, lol. I also hope for another better reward system too for the event. Or at least for all upcoming events.

  • @HexSlugged said:

    they have stated multiple times that there is alot more than just jason.

    I know but still wish he came up with more. Even if the license is still limited.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    The event doesn't even started for over 3 more weeks

    I know but the long wait is not really helping lol. I don’t mean to come off impatient. But I still wish there was more after all.

  • @ArkInk said:

    We haven't seen the payoff to the in engine cabin screenshot that Jason was revealed with or Mcote teasing a map, the new survivor hasn't been shown off aside from perks, the event doesn't start for another few weeks.

    This month is the anniversary, last month was the warmup.

    I know and yeah maybe a map will show up eventually. I mean I understand licenses and development on maps take time. But I still wish they came up with something to fill the need.

  • Can we at least hold our judgements until after the anniversary livestream? They clearly haven't revealed everything yet, seems odd to doompost when they haven't announced everything yet

  • Ahh, I understand that you're cynical because past events haven't been your cup of tea, and I don't have any hard feelings. I just hope that with our 10 year anniversary event and/or some of the reveals at our big Montreal party there will be some things that can get you excited again :)

  • The lack of maps is catching up now- especially after months of awful map priority. When the universally praised maps (for gameplay, not visuals) are years old at this point and the newer maps are hated by a majority then there’s an issue. BUT despite map balance being some thing they can’t seem to get right, the lack of new maps is an issue. I have sympathy with BHVR as I understand it’s all down to licensing issues but so many iconic killers not having a map is very disappointing.

    I also still stand by the fact that the walking dead release gave us the laziest “map” we’ve ever seen and that’s something they haven’t recovered from in terms of good will or confidence. Some chapters seem half cooked/rushed these days and that was the worst example of it.

  • @Goblin_BHVR said:

    Ahh, I understand that you're cynical because past events haven't been your cup of tea, and I don't have any hard feelings. I just hope that with our 10 year anniversary event and/or some of the reveals at our big Montreal party there will be some things that can get you excited again :)

    first off: love your name XD
    Second: even tho i might not attend physically (dont like flying and im in my exam period) il deff watch the stream and cant waittttt (heres to hoping/coping for a TCoFS chapter!)

  • It's been boring, but hopefully the unannounced things are exciting and not another nothing burger. I agree that the 'events' have been basic and boring. I'm tired of 2v8 every few weeks, and I miss the unique events. Why did they get rid of the Chinese New Year event? I loved the lanterns. We don't get a new realm with each Chapter, so do major overlays on existing maps for events. Some maps should have a Halloween overlay; others, a Winter one, etc. And the rewards are lackluster too. Always a badge and banner, rarely really cool ones.

  • @LOLitsGhostface said:

    10th Anniversary = 30m killer queue time because no new survivor content, no new map, and no balance changes.

    I forgot about that; it's gonna be at least 30 minutes. We might see 10x bonus for Survivors.

  • @Goblin_BHVR said:

    Ahh, I understand that you're cynical because past events haven't been your cup of tea, and I don't have any hard feelings. I just hope that with our 10 year anniversary event and/or some of the reveals at our big Montreal party there will be some things that can get you excited again :)

    Thank you for the update. I greatly appreciated it. And that I’m looking for to what is going to be revealed. ^^

  • @Goblin_BHVR said:

    Ahh, I understand that you're cynical because past events haven't been your cup of tea, and I don't have any hard feelings. I just hope that with our 10 year anniversary event and/or some of the reveals at our big Montreal party there will be some things that can get you excited again :)

    @Goblin_BHVR Can I hop in and ask if p100 anniversary bloodwebs will be granting us cakes at the same rate as non p100 characters?
    The differance was huge last year.

    Just making sure because if someone doesn't want to make new character we would get much less.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4084173#Comment_4084173

    I forgot about that; it's gonna be at least 30 minutes. We might see 10x bonus for Survivors.

    With Play While You Wait, I don't think they even need that honestly. Kind of the worst of both worlds.