Why is Jason slower without his spear?

I understand he's slower with it but why is he slower without it?

Comments

  • I think the idea behind Jason's speed is that he's slower by default but he's basically always going to have the Haste from exiting his power, so he's functionally going to be at normal speed most of the time.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I think the idea behind Jason's speed is that he's slower by default but he's basically always going to have the Haste from exiting his power, so he's functionally going to be at normal speed most of the time.

    Could you explain his strategy to me?

  • Balance? If you are looking for some lore reason just say the entity did it.

  • is Jason 4.4 or 4.6?

  • @Royval said:

    is Jason 4.4 or 4.6?

    Jason is 4.4 but speeds up extremely fast in his Omnipresent Evil stance and gets 5% haste upon exiting it for 25 seconds.

    He is 110%, but his power design leans it into being less so his base movespeed and moreso a punishment for Slashers whose chases are taking too long and not demanifesting.

  • Idk from what I seen you use your omnipresent to move around map and track survivors then you can exit on pallets (broken or not these places) or windows and choose which side you wanna exit, when you exit that mode you get haste I think 5% for like 25 seconds or what so you are normal speed and you can hold spear either from boxes that spawn on map or hooks (destroyes hook but spear is stronger and can imobilieze survivors by pinning them into object) this doesnt seems so good but you can grab spears in omnipressent so I believe idea is mobile killer who has to pic his range ability.

    He seems ok from what I saw unless they nerf him hard I would say bit different springtrap but not bad killer, worst thing will be probably not using his omnipresetn constantly to track people and jump them plus using it to regain spear faster because yo umove faster then 4,4 or 4,6 m/s.

    All depends in what we get from ptb into live like remember springtrap got his addons nerfed so maybe same will happen to jason because some of his addon I believe are simular but thats hard to tell i just hope they dont make c-tier killer or any ow tier killer in these days (well he shouldnt because he has multiple things like good mobility and solid tracking plus good antiloop kinda one shot but good).

    Spear that doesnt impale throws survivor off like weskers dash throw so you can use it to get them off loop and put them into situation where they wont be long on their feet and go down (outposition them just like with weskers throw).

    He seems ok for now, spear is hard to aim but hitbox seems small which isnt bad I would say lets lot of cheeky shots on loops open like with slinger.