My thoughts on No Live Design (Balance) changes with Chapter Releases.

I want to start off by saying my opinions may or may not resonate with others and I would love to have thoughtful debates in the replies. This discussion stems off the comment of no live design changes with chapter releases but I mean no disrespect from that decision, if I am misunderstanding anything feel free to correct me.

First off, I do not think there should be major balance changes with chapter release content. Stuff changing the environment, core gameplay loop, and mechanics or reworks / updates should not occur with another chapter. Major balance changes like pallet density and gameplay systems / reworks should be saved for midchapter updates to better focus on those changes. I think this is a point many can agree with and at so far I am repeating why this decision was made.

However, I do not understand why killers / perks can't receive small changes with new content. Would this take away from testing new content? Definitely at least a little, but if nothing else changes other than there being new content its like adding a new component without polishing the previous parts. Number buffs, even small, are a simple way to give something else to look at and try out if someone wants to take a break from the new content, especially with the recent Diminishing Returns update affecting so many perks, though I understand that specifically probably needs time and the amount of perks change would be for the midchapter.

Me personally, I play almost every killer in the game. After playing a lot of games with one killer I like to play another. With the recent patch, having a bunch of killers get small changes was really nice, bouncing between a bunch of different characters seeing how the changes affected them. These minor changes added so much to the game in the meantime. I should mention Blight got some major nerfs too which most likely needed more effort than simple number changes (with pallet breaking affecting his charges), those changes I could consider major enough to be right for a midchapter update.

Overall, through a lot of probably unnecessary text, I'm trying to say I agree with no more major live design changes like with Krasue, as that was indeed a major change to the game with new content that should have been saved for a midchapter, but would be sad and feel the game get stale much quicker if we stopped getting small changes to characters and perks all together with chapter releases.

TD;LR: Save big changes (killer updates / reworks, pallet density, map changes, core gameplay changes) for the midchapter but keep little changes with content releases.

Comments