The Slasher's "Mist" Should be Implemented on all Maps for Aesthetic and Gameplay Purposes
For a hot minute, Dead by Daylight's map fog has been a clearer than it used to be, not only letting players see from one side of the map to the other with ease, but also causing maps to not evoke the same desolate and eerie vibes they used to. I think the newest killer on the PTB, The Slasher, presents what could be an interesting fix to this problem. In his power, he has a mechanic where he cloaks and shrouds the map in a white mist. I think going forward, some form of this should exist in base game on all maps to add to the overall aesthetic and serve as a helper for trap killers and totems. I'm not looking for something 1-1, as that would lessen this unique feature of his power, but something similar.
In my head, I was thinking something along the lines of a map-wide and darker ground fog, something to imitate the "Dark Mist" the game is known for, but something we rarely see in-game (without the use of an offering or other killer power). If possible, it'd also be nice to see a fluid simulation with this that creates a path when players walk through it.
Additionally this could have some interesting effects on gameplay. I specifically had The Trapper in mind when writing this, as one of his biggest pain-points on indoor/bright maps is the visibility of his traps. That being said, other similar killer's like Hag or objectives like Hex Totems could greatly benefit from this change, as it partially removing the map-dependent gamble these killers and mechanics have. (Of course there'd still be a chance the ground fog wouldn't hide them, but I think it would be more helpful than harmful nonetheless.)
TLDR; Jason's ground mist is cool as hell and I would love to see a darker form of it added to all maps for aesthetic and gameplay purposes. :)
Again, perhaps not to this intensity, but something similar.


Comments
Agreed, and I was really excited the first few moments i saw this mist to then realize it’s Killer-power specific and not baseline..
For a game that so often mentions their fog in-game/lore and also outside (See ya in the fog) the dog is really lacking..