Jason Feedback: "Unstoppable" power concept — the ability he deserved
Hey BHVR,
First of all — the Mori is absolutely incredible. You nailed that part.
That said, I want to share a power concept I was genuinely hoping to see on Jason, because I think it would've made him feel truly unique.
I'd call it something like "Unstoppable" — an active ability where Jason cracks his own neck (a short animation of him wrenching his head to one side) and then bulldozes through dropped pallets and breakable doors by simply walking into them, without any need to break them.
He doesn't phase through them — he physically destroys them mid-stride, without losing momentum. The neck crack both signals the ability to survivors nearby AND fits his character perfectly: he's not a technical killer, he's a force of nature that does not stop.
I know it sounds strong on paper, but it's absolutely balanceable — cooldown, limited duration, a wind-up animation survivors can react to. The point is it would give Jason a power that is genuinely HIS, not borrowed or blended from existing killers.
Right now his kit feels like it could belong to several other killers with a reskin. Jason deserves a mechanic that screams Jason.
Also, for a visual and audio reference of what I mean by the neck crack animation — you can actually see something very similar in Mortal Kombat X. Jason himself is in that game, and one of his abilities is exactly this: a neck crack animation paired with a distinct sound effect and a visual cue (like a colored background flash or a musical sting) to signal that something powerful has been activated.
Jason cracks his neck, a deep unsettling sound plays, the screen gets a brief red tint or flash — and survivors instantly know: he's unstoppable right now. There is no other option. No pallet will save you, no door will stop him. Just run.
Thanks for reading — keep up the great work on the chapter, and please consider giving him something that makes survivors feel like they truly cannot escape.
Comments