We are getting a map and Tommy right ?

if we aren’t getting a map and Tommy for Jason chapter and the 10th anniversary that would be so sad and such a waste

Comments

  • I only want a map included if we get trickster delusion level of quality.

    Will pass on TWD quality map that will mesh with maps we already have

  • @random1543 said:

    I only want a map included if we get trickster delusion level of quality.

    Will pass on TWD quality map that will mesh with maps we already have

    It should be its own realm full of Easter eggs like the fnaf map but not the withered isle please I hope we don’t just get a killer only no map no surv cause that is just half baked and disappointing if it is

  • We won’t get Tommy because his rights are owned by Paramount not Jason Universe. And it’s 50-50 with Crystal lake.

  • @Royval said:

    We won’t get Tommy because his rights are owned by Paramount not Jason Universe. And it’s 50-50 with Crystal lake.

    Tommy Jarvis belongs to horror inc 1 of the 2 partners in Jason universe so they can 100% bring Tommy in

  • Crystal Lake might not be possible because it might fall under the first movies rights but they could create a similar summer camp style map in one of the existing realms or take a setting from some other movie where he is not killing in the camp or not only there.

  • The announcement only says "New Killer" so I would assume this is a Paragraph chapter. No Survivor or map.

    image.png

    MAYBE at most there could be some non-licensed or pseudo-licensed map, like MacMillan Estate gets a new map or something and the only thing Jason about it is the shack. But I would not count on it.

    This might be in part a license holder thing. Jason Universe own Jason, but New Line Cinema still own "Friday The 13th", hence why every 13 reference has been a copyright free wink rather than directly saying those three words. I don't understand the weeds of exactly what that means- I understand for example Jason Universe are making a Crystal Lake TV show and that is apparently fine- But I think things like locations from F13 movies or characters who aren't Jason are still on slightly risky legal grounds.

    If I was in BHVR's shoes, after waiting for YEARS for these people to work out these IP rights, I would just be desperate not to jinx this. They want Jason, I want Jason, everyone wants Jason. The warm bodies he butchers or decor he paints in blood are nowhere near as important as getting the man himself.

  • @Lexilogo said:

    The announcement only says "New Killer" so I would assume this is a Paragraph chapter. No Survivor or map.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/56DSVDVKQSEZ/image.png

    MAYBE at most there could be some non-licensed or pseudo-licensed map, like MacMillan Estate gets a new map or something and the only thing Jason about it is the shack. But I would not count on it.

    This might be in part a license holder thing. Jason Universe own Jason, but New Line Cinema still own "Friday The 13th", hence why every 13 reference has been a copyright free wink rather than directly saying those three words. I don't understand the weeds of exactly what that means- I understand for example Jason Universe are making a Crystal Lake TV show and that is apparently fine- But I think things like locations from F13 movies or characters who aren't Jason are still on slightly risky legal grounds.

    If I was in BHVR's shoes, after waiting for YEARS for these people to work out these IP rights, I would just be desperate not to jinx this. They want Jason, I want Jason, everyone wants Jason. The warm bodies he butchers or decor he paints in blood are nowhere near as important as getting the man himself.

    I would agree on the surv not being important but I feel like having a map for Jason would be so cool I’m so hyped for Jason either way but I hope for a map too at least but if not It’s still a w chapter