More Formal Player-Dev communication
Firstly, I would like to say that I think for the team Behavior has and as much as I personally am critical. I kinda understand ya'll. As I'm realizing during my own process of trying to balance my own game. Players and devs feel the game differently. And while the forums and talking with massive content creators is a good thing. I feel like there could be a bit more. And so along with the items currently active. I would suggest that some high MMR players that volunteer, and getting different types of players, like those that main only one role or switch between the two, can be contacted with to get an understanding of how everyday players feel with the game. And I get this can be exploited and so I feel like there can be certain things that need to be met in order to be allowed this.
1) No hate speech
2) No statements of wanting one role unable to win/play in a way that is unfair or being disloyal to the brand
3) Focus on current meta and not any past or future issues, except for PTBs
4) Maintain a professinal standing with devs and other speakers
5) This is entirely volunteering and not paid for at all
I am condensing it a bit. But I think a more streamlined player-dev communcation method would be great
Comments
Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I really appreciate where you're coming from and that you want to improve the game for everyone.
You've highlighted some interesting challenges the team deals with, since high-level players and the developers experience a very different game from other parts of the player base. It's important to understand the whole picture, not just content creators, so there we are in agreement. Something like what you've suggested wouldn't replace normal public feedback channels, but highlights the importance of getting a variety of feedback from everyone.
Your idea does highlight the importance of needing to consider all players when it comes to things like balance and matchmaking. We have programs like our Consultants, as well as Focus Groups for specific areas of the game, i.e. mains of specific characters.
This is the kind of feedback that actually helps! Thanks again for sharing it here.