Dealing with Oni after he gets power?

Hello!

My DBD journey continues. I've gotten much better at survivor now, but it is still the side of the game I find considerably harder. In the last episode, I couldn't figure out how to handle Wesker. I can now handle Wesker. Character growth.

Now, I'm stuck on Oni, however. I find the guy harder to deal with than Nurse or a good Blight (even pre 4.4.)

I know the general thinking with him is to deny him his power, as the strength of said power is balanced by the injury requirement with no means to easily attain one, however this advice does not cover anything past the early game, unless your entire team is cracked (and basically doesn't count in 2v8).

Good Onis that can AD their power round corners and weave through maps as if they have full control while dashing have been the bane of my existence lately. Trying to juke or swerve doesn't work, neither does a tight loop. They just flick and instadown regardless. I'm not claiming this as gospel, this is just the perspective of a developing player that feels like they're missing something. I've no idea how to survive more than a few seconds if they're in power and aware of where I am.

So, experienced survs, once Oni gets power and is bearing down on you, what does one do to maximise their chances of lasting a little longer than two wags of a lamb's tail? Is there any macro I should know beyond denying early injuries?

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Well the advice I give to you is not really duking as I just usually run him like most killers on loops try to keep objects between me and him as he has the same problem as Blight. Not being able to go around solid long wall of objects that easily. Don't be afraid to hide when he is in his power. I feel like most of the time people don't do that and that is the main mistake most of them do. I would let him waste his power than get any value out of it. Yes this usually prolongs the match some what but in the end if he does not get downs with his power he is not really going to snowball at all. Best counter to him is to avoid him when he has his power. I know this is not possible most of the time but in the end I don't see any reason to give him more than one down in his rage as often he pops it when he finds a survivor. At least hiding after he downs the one he was chasing so he can't benefit more out of the rage.

  • @Wezqu said:

    Well the advice I give to you is not really duking as I just usually run him like most killers on loops try to keep objects between me and him as he has the same problem as Blight. Not being able to go around solid long wall of objects that easily. Don't be afraid to hide when he is in his power. I feel like most of the time people don't do that and that is the main mistake most of them do. I would let him waste his power than get any value out of it. Yes this usually prolongs the match some what but in the end if he does not get downs with his power he is not really going to snowball at all. Best counter to him is to avoid him when he has his power. I know this is not possible most of the time but in the end I don't see any reason to give him more than one down in his rage as often he pops it when he finds a survivor. At least hiding after he downs the one he was chasing so he can't benefit more out of the rage.

    Thanks for answering!

    I do try to stealth when he's in power to deny as much momentum as I can, but as soon as I'm spotted it's like there's nothing I can do. Maybe I should work on my overall looping skill, but he curves around obstacles so fast that my unc reactions just aren't enough :(.

    I suspect turning that tight is harder to do that it looks, so I respect the skill, but it still feels like there's no play to make other than hoping he messes up.