Sort tunnelling out! It’s becoming a joke!
obviously something that’s been an issue since game came out, but tunneling is so common that I you can hardly play the game. It’s easy as the developers support the game as killer sided, considering killers have been given buffs especially towards their abilities, but honestly the game is becoming a joke
Comments
Tunneling is as much a part of the game as counting cards is in card games. You're allowed to dislike it, but it's a legal strategy that is incentivised by the game's fundamental mechanics, and removing — or even just discouraging it — it would entail making changes so drastic to the core game that you could scarecly be considered to be playing the same game anymore.
Tunneling doesn't prevent you from playing the game, it IS the game. By design, not everone spends an equal amount of time in a match of DbD. To enforce that the Killer equally splits their time and attention across between Survivors, and only plays in a specific way would ruin the PvP element of the PvP game. At that point, you may as well transition the game to a PvE where the Killer is played by a bot. If you only find the game fun when your opponents intentionally handicap themselves, then you might just not actually like DbD that much. Which is okay.
I used to hate tunneling too, and complained about it a lot around here. But I found a lot more enjoyment in the game once I understood and accepted DbD's gameplay loop for what it was, and not what I thought it should be.
The ability to fend off tunneling — or at least delay it — is an important Survivor skill, and the game gives you plenty of tools to do it. Adding anything more, and the game would just becomes a breeze for high skill Survivors.
i don't have this issue . Just have a team with stb or anti tunnel perks . Before you " i solo queue " anything is strong vs solo queue tunneling aside . Solo queue will always be miserable but swf is super easy and the actual power role
. This is from a few swf matches i played and they were just ramdoms on discord server . The gap between solo queue and swf will always be massive no matter what balance changes they make . Not of us had issues with being tunneled because there are many counters if you know of it .
If getting tunneled is a problem for you, I recommend using the 'Off the Record' and 'WILL TO LIVE' perks. If you find that other Survivors being tunneled is the issue, you can use 'SHOULDER THE BURDEN'. Plus, since 'WILL TO LIVE' recently became a general perk, casual players now have a much easier time dealing with tunneling. Because of this, I think tunneling has a fair balance in average skill-level matchups. If you bring various anti-tunneling perks but still find yourself hooked three times before the generators are done, it might be worth considering that your skill level is currently lacking compared to that specific Killer. On another note, the penalty for camping feels a bit lacking. This seems like it could be fixed by allowing Survivors to last a little longer on the hook.
That being said, consistently tunneling beginner Survivors who don't even have basic skills yet will definitely hurt the retention of new players.
Entitlement and main character syndrome has been an issue since launch.
Honestly most killers avoid tunneling at least in my matches, and that to an extend that I can guarantee you that I would've taken the tunnel without thinking about it.
I guess you could say the p99 unknown wanted to tunnel me yesterday, but I looped him for at least 3 minutes, probably more, over the match. He was also super mad about that and was slugging me until the endgame timer ended xD
Also apperantly looping every pallet except 3 for at least 1-2 rounds is just dropping every pallet on the map for him. But he also managed to not learn anything about using unknowns shots efficiently in almost 100 prestigelevels so idk whats wrong with him :D